This year's Placemaking Awards culminated on Tuesday night with 14 projects across the UK crowned winners at a ceremony attended by nearly 300 regeneration and planning professionals.
Housing for students and social rent has helped a mixed-use scheme in north London come forward despite the financial crisis, Ben Kochan finds.
The redevelopment of Wembley Park in north London involved the delivery of a wayfinding strategy that helped people navigate the area and create a sense of place. Susie Sell looks at how it was done
Since 2011 a major refurbishment programme has been underway across five affordable housing tower blocks in Salford with the aim of creating a sustainable community. Susie Sell looks at how it was done.
How an affordable housing scheme in Southampton managed to incorporate top-level carbon-cutting measures.
The 700-home Mulberry Park scheme on the edge of Bath city centre is perhaps a little too formal, says Mike Fox, but it promises to create an attractive new community
A proposed masterplan for a mixed use expansion of the emerging Snow Hill business district in central Birmingham has laudable aims of improving connectivity, says Andy Owen. But its downgrading of a key element of the city's inner ring road will need to be handled with great care1 comment
- Senior Town Planner Oyster Partnership Bristol, City of Bristol
- Planner to Associate Planner (retail, energy or housing) Oyster Partnership Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Senior Planner Horsham District Council Horsham, West Sussex
- Economic Development and Regeneration Officer Tendring District Council Weeley, Clacton-on-Sea
- Senior / Principal Town Planner Thatcher Associates Guildford
- Chartered Town Planner Oyster Partnership London (Central), London (Greater)
- Area Manager / Senior Area Manager Homes and Communities Agency Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Development Manager - Harlow, Essex - £45,752 - £47,591 Lewis Davey Harlow, Essex
- Planner Thatcher Associates Twickenham, London
- Senior Planner Thatcher Associates Twickenham, London
- Fri 6 Mar 2015 - Sat 27 Jun 2015
- Roca London Gallery, Station Court, Townmead Road, London, SW6 2PY
- Mon 20 Apr 2015 - Fri 24 Apr 2015
- Wed 22 Apr 2015 - Thu 23 Apr 2015
- Altitude London, Millbank Tower, London