Temporary uses of development sites are becoming more common, says new research, and with the right council policies, they can become an integral part of the regeneration process. Ben Kochan reports.
A housing estate in west London has been enhanced through a series of environmental interventions, Susie Sell finds
A medium-density development in West London reflects the waterside setting and industrial heritage of the area, Susie Sell finds.
Community engagement and urban design were key to Blueprint's approach to integrating new low-energy housing into a deprived area of Nottingham, Susie Sell finds.
Housing for students and social rent has helped a mixed-use scheme in north London come forward despite the financial crisis, Ben Kochan finds.
Too many politicians are seduced by expensive ribbon-cutting mania for new infrastructure - when better use of existing infrastructure could be a better answer to congestion, says Tim Williams.
A Conservative peer's recommendation to halt the spread of shared space initiatives fails to recognise the real benefits that better streets can bring, says Phil Jones1 comment
Planners who do not air their views on good design let bad design into the vacuum, says Peter Bill.1 comment
- Senior Major Applications Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Relation Officer London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham Hammersmith & Fulham, London
- Chartered Town Planners Taylor & Hardy Limited Carlisle, Cumbria
- Infrastructure Planning Manager London Borough of Waltham Forest Waltham Forest, London (Greater)
- Deputy Manager (Strategic Applications) London Borough of Waltham Forest Waltham Forest, London (Greater)
- Deputy Manager (Development Management) London Borough of Waltham Forest Waltham Forest, London (Greater)
- Senior or Associate Planner Thatcher Associates Sussex
- Senior Town Planner Oyster Partnership Birmingham
- Senior Town Planner - Renewables Oyster Partnership Bristol
- Environmental Planners (Senior and Principal) Thatcher Associates Sussex
National and local planning policy: priorities, finance, and progress in major infrastructure projects
- Thu 3 Sep 2015
- Central London
- Tue 15 Sep 2015
- St Martin in the Fields, London, WC2N 4JJ
- Tue 22 Sep 2015
- ILEC Conference Centre, London