Purpose-built homes for elderly people are often provided in stand-alone developments, but a project in east London promoted a more integrated approach, finds Josephine Smit.
Mixed use development has helped to stimulate regeneration of Swansea's High Street, by looking beyond the mainstream, writes Josephine Smit.
The UK's inability to build enough homes is cause for innovative thinking. Josephine Smit finds out about a concept that taps into the potential of the surface car park.
When a charity wanted to improve its facilities, it teamed up with a housebuilder and together they're creating an integrated housing scheme, writes Josephine Smit.
The recent publication of the pipeline of tall buildings in London, pulled together by consultant GL Hearn, showed a record 455 schemes over 20 storeys at stages between application and completion.
I had one depressing and one encouraging place-making experience last week. The depressing experience was at a design review panel for a local authority-led scheme. The positive experience was in a meeting with an academic teaching urban design and urbanism.1 comment
- VARIOUS CONTRACT POSITIONS Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Nationwide
- Planner/Senior Planner (London) Beach Baker Property Recruitment London (West End)
- Planning Manager - Major Projects Medway Council Gun Wharf, Chatham, ME4 4TR
- Graduate Planner / London / Established Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment London
- senior planner Vivid Resourcing Manchester, Greater Manchester
- City Centre Strategic & Marketing Manager Osborne Richardson Oxfordshire
- Junior Planner/ Graduate Planner Oyster Partnership Gloucestershire
- Planner/Senior Planner (Leeds) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Leeds
- Development Contributions Officer Carrington West London (Greater)
- Town Planner Network Rail Glasgow
- Tue 25 Apr 2017
- Thu 27 Apr 2017
- Sixty One Whitehall, London SW1A 2ET
- Wed 10 May 2017
- The Lowry, Manchester