The UK's inability to build enough homes is cause for innovative thinking. Josephine Smit finds out about a concept that taps into the potential of the surface car park.
When a charity wanted to improve its facilities, it teamed up with a housebuilder and together they're creating an integrated housing scheme, writes Josephine Smit.
London's new East Village is home to a major research project looking at whether cycling and walking routes prompt residents to get fitter, Josephine Smit reports.
The 2016 Sunday Times British Homes Awards asked designers to create a resilient home to withstand environmental risks. Josephine Smit looks at the winning solution, by JTP and Ed Barsley.
Design quality seems to becoming back into policy vogue in government, and the Housing White Paper observes that "73 per cent of people say they would support the building of more homes if well designed and in keeping with their local area". The thinking behind this seems to be mainly driven by the recognition that poorly designed housing produces a rational nimby response.
No-one likes poorly designed homes being built in their midst, but it may take a big push to bring quality to volume housebuilding, writes Chris Brown.1 comment
The regions need better policymaking than the kind of short-term thinking that has resulted in the 2018 cuts in the toll for the Severn Bridge, says Tim Williams.
- Planner/Senior Planner Intelligent Land Ferndown, Dorset
- Graduate Planner to Senior Planner - 2 full time - 1 part time London Borough of Bexley Bexley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Head of Development Management London Borough of Bexley Bexley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Junior Planning Officers Oyster Partnership London (Central), London (Greater)
- Town Centre Programme Management Consultant Osborne Richardson South West London
- Planner/Senior Planner (Cardiff) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Cardiff
- Planning Manager Cobalt Recruitment North London
- Head of Development Management Osborne Richardson London
- Town Planner G2 Recruitment North West England
- Assistant/Junior Town Planner – Manchester £28-30 K - plus benefits/bonus Vivid Resourcing Manchester
- Wed 22 Feb 2017
- London, EC1
- Thu 2 Mar 2017 - Tue 28 Mar 2017
- Exeter, London and Gateshead
- Wed 8 Mar 2017
- Central Cardiff