Setting clear guidelines for the quality and character of incoming transport infrastructure can help ensure regeneration benefits are realised, says Katja Stille
A housing estate in west London has been enhanced through a series of environmental interventions, Susie Sell finds
A medium-density development in West London reflects the waterside setting and industrial heritage of the area, Susie Sell finds.
Community engagement and urban design were key to Blueprint's approach to integrating new low-energy housing into a deprived area of Nottingham, Susie Sell finds.
Housing for students and social rent has helped a mixed-use scheme in north London come forward despite the financial crisis, Ben Kochan finds.
Comment: Sheffield's retail quarter needs enterprising uses to surprise and delight, by Julian Dobson
Sheffield's new shopping quarter must include community and civic uses, places for sociability and idling, and spaces for growing and performance, says Julian Dobson.
Since the 1950s governments and transport planners have wasted their efforts on a problem that cannot be solved, argues Steve Melia.
Rather than getting depressed by the masterplans imposed on them, will citizens of the future make the cities they want and deserve, asks Chris Brown.
- Regeneration Delivery Co-ordinator Osborne Richardson Lambeth
- Senior Planner & Associate Planner - Coventry. Lewis Davey Coventry, West Midlands
- Senior Planner Thatcher Associates East Midlands
- Senior Planning Policy Officer [Contract] Thatcher Associates Surrey
- Planning Consultants: Senior / Associate / Associate Director. Lewis Davey Midlands / South Central.
- Assistant Planner Burnley Borough Council Burnley, Lancashire
- Principal and Associate Planners David Lock Associates: Town Planning & Urban Design Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Development Management Assistant. Malton, North Yorkshire. UK Ryedale District Council North Yorkshire
- Director of Town Planning Oyster Partnership Scotland
- Graduate Town Planner BDP London (Central), London EC1V, Clerkenwell
National and local planning policy: priorities, finance, and progress in major infrastructure projects
- Thu 3 Sep 2015
- Central London
- Tue 15 Sep 2015
- St Martin in the Fields, London, WC2N 4JJ
- Tue 22 Sep 2015
- ILEC Conference Centre, London