A new report from think-tank Demos says that community-led housing schemes offer an opportunity to overcome nimbyist tendencies and secure affordable housing, but that the groups behind them need to make a greater effort to be open and transparent.
A project to extend a 19th century housing estate in east London has gained attention for its high-quality design and integration with existing buildings, Susie Sell reports
A housing estate in west London has been enhanced through a series of environmental interventions, Susie Sell finds
A project in Oxford has sought to transform a busy road junction to improve traffic movement and enhance the public realm. Susie Sell reports.
How Nottingham City Council planned and funded a new cycleway that takes road space from motorists. By Susie Sell
Local communities start with the huge advantage, over consultants, developers and even local authorities, of being experts in their place, says Chris Brown.
Plans for a Chinese-style retail and leisure bazaar are important to the regeneration of Liverpool city centre, but the scheme is isolated from both the existing Chinatown and the retail hub, says Michael Cosser.
- Associate Town Planner JSM Associates London
- EIA Project Manager Princ / AD Top planning consultancy JSM Associates London
- Planner/Senior Planner JSM Associates Southampton, Hampshire
- Senior Planning Manager London Legacy Development Corporation London (East), London (Greater)
- Planning Manager London Legacy Development Corporation London (East), London (Greater)
- Associate / Associate Director Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner, Associate Planner and Planning Director - Berkshire Lewis Davey England, Nationwide
- Town Planner / London / Leading Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment London
- Divisional Director - Infrastructure Lewis Davey Birmingham, West Midlands
- Transformation Manager St Albans District Council St Albans, Hertfordshire