The big placemaking stories of the past seven days including news of a call for Birmingham City Council's regeneration efforts to move beyond a focus on the physical transformation of the city centre.
A community group engaged residents to formulate a plan to tackle overcrowding and unemployment in a London housing estate. Susie Sell reports.
A West Yorkshire council's strategy to improve air quality is now being rolled out across other authorities locally. Catherine Early reports.
A land sculpture in Northumberland helped deliver community benefits while a mine was still operational. Susie Sell reports.
A north London business team's initiative to promote pop-up lettings is helping to tackle the increasing number of vacant shops. Ben Kochan reports
While in Philadelphia recently for the annual conference of the American Collegiate Schools of Planning I was able to make a trip to Atlantic City, New Jersey, a place famous for its use of casinos as a driver for urban regeneration.
Imagine living in a city whose infrastructures worked together seamlessly. Where household waste was used to generate green electricity; mobile phone networks helped transport planners to sense and eliminate traffic congestion; and parks were built to both encourage biodiversity and make the city more climate-resilient.
I attended an event organised by the Legatum Institute this week. I'm sure that some would describe Legatum as a shadowy right wing think tank and I must admit that, having not come across them before, I am struggling to understand quite where they fit on the political spectrum.
- Senior Town Planner Oyster Partnership Kent / London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater)
- Contract Town Planning Work in 2015 Oyster Partnership Nationwide
- Senior Planning Officer Kettering Borough Council Thrapston, Kettering
- Junior Planner - Wiltshire Lewis Davey Chippenham, Wiltshire
- Chartered Town Planner Oyster Partnership London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Development Planners/Surveyors Hallam Land Management Ltd Bristol, City of Bristol
- Planning Director JSM Associates Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner / Principal Planner - Cambridgeshire Judd Farris Property Recruitment Cambridgeshire
- In-house planners (senior levels) KDH Associates Essex / Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), L...
- Senior Town Planner Judd Farris Property Recruitment Manchester
- Thu 9 Oct 2014 - Thu 18 Dec 2014
- Fri 19 Dec 2014
- Tue 3 Feb 2015