Manchester's NOMA is delivering development and transformation on a large scale, but some of its details are being created by local people, building community in the process, finds Josephine Smit.
Purpose-built homes for elderly people are often provided in stand-alone developments, but a project in east London promoted a more integrated approach, finds Josephine Smit.
Mixed use development has helped to stimulate regeneration of Swansea's High Street, by looking beyond the mainstream, writes Josephine Smit.
The UK's inability to build enough homes is cause for innovative thinking. Josephine Smit finds out about a concept that taps into the potential of the surface car park.
It can bring not only density, mixed uses and improved connectivity, but also clusters of talented people, employment and investment, writes Tim Williams.
Legislation is paving the way for the proposed wave of new garden villages, towns and cities, but will it be enough to make a difference, asks Joey Gardiner?
- Head of Development Horsham District Council Horsham, West Sussex
- Senior Planning Officer - Development Management - Hertfordshire- 6 Months Vivid Resourcing Hertfordshire
- Principal Planner Vivid Resourcing Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Planning Manager - Central London Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- MRTPI Town Planner - London Projects Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Lead – Major Regeneration Project - York Work With York York
- Assistant Planning Link Officer South Downs National Park Authority Western Area Office, Empshott with travel throughout the South Downs National Park
- Principal Planning Officer East Riding of Yorkshire Council Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Landscape Architect – Strategic Planning and Sustainability Team Horsham District Council Horsham, West Sussex
- Principal Planner (Major Projects) Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Surrey
- Thu 1 Jun 2017
- Weston Hall, University of West London, St Mary's Road, London, W5 5RF
Sir Patrick Geddes Commemorative Lecture 2017 Poverty, Places and Equality: A role for place based approaches?
- Wed 7 Jun 2017
- The Lighthouse, Mitchell Lane, Glasgow G1 3NU
- Wed 7 Jun 2017
- Victoria - 1 Drummond Gate Conference Centre, London, SW1V 2QQ