Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
No doubt the report issued by the Federation of Masters Builders (FMB) about the struggles faced by small housebuilders will have faded in your mind since Christmas.
Government support for garden communities is good news, but it raises questions about vision and governance, writes Stephen Gleave.
The government's recently published Estate Regeneration Strategy and Good Practice Guide is a fascinating melange of ideology and experience.
If developers want to increase modular housebuilding, they should look at the homes and places being created by the park home sector, writes Michael Hardware.
Combining autonomous vehicles and good place-making is not going to be easy.
It's a year since the 24 councils involved in the Department for Communities and Local Government's (DCLG) 'statutory notices for the 21st Century' pilot submitted their final reports.
A new report has gathered evidence to demonstrate how office development can add value to places, writes Bill Page.
Ever since former London mayor Boris Johnson set up Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC) last year, the body has been touting its scheme as the UK's largest regeneration project.
As the Chancellor hunts for ways to inject growth into the economy, it seems likely he will be considering a variety of housing initiatives such as Build to Rent, Custom Build and shovel-ready projects.
The government's culture white paper presents opportunities for local authorities that can recognise culture's contribution to the growth agenda, writes Dawn Hudd.
Tim Williams gives a personal view of the crime at Aberfan, in Wales, following its fiftieth anniversary, and says how it has shaped his career.
The government's response to noise pollution has been woeful, says Chris Brown, but new technology coming to London streets could influence policymakers, planners and citizens.
- Town Planning Vacancies London Legacy Development Corporation London (East), London (Greater)
- Senior Planning Policy Officer x2 Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- Spatial Information and Monitoring Officer Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- Town Planner Carrington West Hampshire
- Senior Lawyer (Planning) London Borough of Haringey Haringey, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Oyster Partnership Birmingham, West Midlands
- Infrastructure Officer London Borough of Hounslow Hounslow, London
- Planning Officers / Senior Planning Officers - Development Management London Borough of Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner / Newcastle / Leading Planning Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Newcastle upon Tyne
- Principal Planning Officers - Development Management London Borough of Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets
- Tue 17 Jan 2017 - Tue 24 Jan 2017
- London, Exeter and Birmingham
- Wed 18 Jan 2017
- The Shard, 32 London Bridge St, London, SE1 9SG
- Sat 28 Jan 2017 - Sun 29 Jan 2017
- Warwick Conferences, Coventry