Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
Prime Minister Theresa May repeated the phrase 'the good government can do' numerous times at last month's Conservative Party Conference, a change from her predecessor's 'enemies of enterprise' complaints.
City of Sydney is leading the way in car sharing, and reaping rewards, thanks to innovative and creative city planning, writes Tim Williams.
I spent a recent Saturday afternoon with some great people in Custom House in east London. They are worried that they are about to have estate regeneration done to them. I heard both heart rending tales of hardship and inspirational stories of community cohesion.
Planning minister Gavin Barwell is contemplating allowing councils to consider a developer's track record of building out planning permissions when deciding its new applications.
There will be a couple of developers - namely Genr8 and Berkeley - breathing small sighs of relief at the moment, having narrowly dodged the bullet of winning the Carbuncle Cup.
The private rented sector has potential, but in order to flourish it needs a proper legislative response, led by government, says Tom Hyde.
Regeneration of the Thames Gateway has been in progress for two decades, but a new growth commission is looking for ideas. Chris Brown shares one or two.
Beauty, rhythm and delight are not top priorities when choices are made about buildings and spaces that shape places, says Stephen Gleave, but planners can give more creative responses.
You cannot cut property prices by building more homes and you cannot reduce congestion by building more roads, writes Tim Williams.
The London mayor's new panel of viability experts will look to maximise affordable housing in new schemes, but Joey Gardiner has doubts about the approach.
Summer can be an interesting time in politics. With a new Prime Ministerial direction and a new ministerial team in DCLG housing supply policy is under the microscope.
Our housing market is dominated by a small number of suppliers with a narrow product range and that's not delivering the homes we need, argues Chris Brown.
- Principal and Associate Planners David Lock Associates: Town Planning & Urban Design Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Planner FMCV Ltd Edinburgh
- Senior Planner - Gloucestershire - 3 month contract G2 Recruitment Gloucestershire
- Planning Officer - 6 month contract - Hampshire G2 Recruitment Hampshire
- Senior Planning Officer (Planning Enforcement) - 18 Month Contract Westminster City Council City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, SW1E 6QP
- Policy Planner (Officer, Senior and Principal level) Oyster Partnership Essex
- Senior Planner - North London Oyster Partnership North London
- Senior Planner (Part Time - Flexible day patterns offered) - Central London Beach Baker Property Recruitment London
- Urban Design Officer Huntingdonshire District Council Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Planner & Town Planner – Reading – Multi Discipline Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Reading, Berkshire
- Tue 25 Oct 2016
- Central London
- Thu 10 Nov 2016
- America Square Conference Centre, No.1, America Square, 17 Crosswall, London, EC3N 2LB
- Fri 18 Nov 2016
- Sedgemoor District Council, Bridgwater House, King Square, BRIDGWATER, TA6 3AR