Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
Combining autonomous vehicles and good place-making is not going to be easy.
It's a year since the 24 councils involved in the Department for Communities and Local Government's (DCLG) 'statutory notices for the 21st Century' pilot submitted their final reports.
A new report has gathered evidence to demonstrate how office development can add value to places, writes Bill Page.
Ever since former London mayor Boris Johnson set up Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC) last year, the body has been touting its scheme as the UK's largest regeneration project.
As the Chancellor hunts for ways to inject growth into the economy, it seems likely he will be considering a variety of housing initiatives such as Build to Rent, Custom Build and shovel-ready projects.
The government's culture white paper presents opportunities for local authorities that can recognise culture's contribution to the growth agenda, writes Dawn Hudd.
Tim Williams gives a personal view of the crime at Aberfan, in Wales, following its fiftieth anniversary, and says how it has shaped his career.
The government's response to noise pollution has been woeful, says Chris Brown, but new technology coming to London streets could influence policymakers, planners and citizens.
The pressure to deliver very large numbers of homes demands more than a single solution, writes Stephen Gleave.
The month's government-commissioned report into UK construction, Modernise or Die, published earlier this month, painted a picture of an industry caught in a spiral of poor practices that risk sending it into terminal decline.
Prime Minister Theresa May repeated the phrase 'the good government can do' numerous times at last month's Conservative Party Conference, a change from her predecessor's 'enemies of enterprise' complaints.
City of Sydney is leading the way in car sharing, and reaping rewards, thanks to innovative and creative city planning, writes Tim Williams.
- Planning Consultant Macdonald & Co Central London
- Town Planner - Birmingham - Award winning property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Birmingham
- Senior Planner / Central London / Leading property consultancy Penguin Recruitment London
- Residential & Mixed Use Planning Consultant Blayze Group Manchester City Centre
- Strategic Comms Manager - Urban Regen Osborne Richardson North West London
- Director / Senior Director Oyster Partnership Greater Manchester
- Planner (Bristol) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol (City Centre)
- Senior Delivery Planning Officer London Borough of Hackney Hackney, London (Greater)
- Delivery Team Leader (Growth Team) London Borough of Hackney Hackney, London (Greater)
- Town Planner / Bracknell / Leading multi-disciplinary firm Penguin Recruitment Bracknell
- Thu 1 Dec 2016 - Thu 8 Dec 2016
- London, Birmingham and Exeter
- Tue 6 Dec 2016 - Tue 13 Dec 2016
- Birmingham, Exeter and London
- Thu 8 Dec 2016
- Central London