Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Housing with care complexes for older people should be at the heart of new communities, providing services for residents and the wider population, finds Ben Kochan.
Can greater diversity in the built environment professions improve the quality of places we create? Stephen Gleave gives his answer.
NHS England's Healthy New Towns programme has captured the interest of developers and general public, but highlights the complexities of delivery, finds Josephine Smit.
The east London borough is changing fast, so it is down to local players to ensure that the area's heritage and communities thrive, writes Ibrahim Michael Maiga.
City divisions can run deep, resulting in lower life expectancies for the poorest residents. It's a challenge Tim Williams encountered in London and which might be even more pronounced in Sydney.
Businesses in the Euston, St Pancras and King's Cross area have taken a lead in delivering a low pollution walking route and study opportunities for students, finds Josephine Smit.
It's hard, given the events in West London, to write about anything else, but it is also hard, in the absence of any concrete information on the causes, to comment on this tragedy. It may turn out that someone did something wrong negligently (or in other ways), but it also seems possible that this is the unimaginably tragic result of system failure.
The human tragedy at Grenfell Tower brings focus to the housing issues of those with the least choice, writes Stephen Gleave.
Affordable housing provider Home Group has won consent for a 240 home development in Chelmsford, Essex.
A south east London military site had been largely separate from its community, but when developer Durkan built homes there a local cricket club came too, writes Josephine Smit.
- Development Management Officer Vivid Resourcing Gloucestershire
- Senior Policy Planner Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Surrey
- Senior Planning Officer (Garden Town) Somerset County Council Taunton, Somerset
- Associate Town Planner - Multidisciplinary Consultancy Oyster Partnership London
- Head of Regeneration London Borough of Croydon London Borough of Croydon
- Town Planner to Senior Town Planner Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Town Planner to Senior Town Planner (Retail) Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- London Planning Jobs & Market Update Lewis Davey London
- Regeneration Programme Manager Carrington West London (Greater)
- Associate Planner - Specialist Housebuilder Lewis Davey Hampshire