Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Purpose-built homes for elderly people are often provided in stand-alone developments, but a project in east London promoted a more integrated approach, finds Josephine Smit.
Local employment targets should be included in planning permissions for major schemes, but provision of training is also important to ensure targets are met, finds Ben Kochan.
Why do built environment professionals create places that contribute to preventable diseases and early death, despite evidence? A question that framed the built environment advisory body Design Council CABE's submission to a competition run by campaigners Social Change UK.
Mixed use development has helped to stimulate regeneration of Swansea's High Street, by looking beyond the mainstream, writes Josephine Smit.
The government's decision to kick off 2017 with the announcement that it had shortlisted 17 sites across England to be new garden villages and towns sent a message that it is taking the programme seriously.
Communities are using social media to discuss plans and schemes, so planners and developers need to develop strategies for constructive dialogue, writes Ben Kochan.
When a charity wanted to improve its facilities, it teamed up with a housebuilder and together they're creating an integrated housing scheme, writes Josephine Smit.
London's new East Village is home to a major research project looking at whether cycling and walking routes prompt residents to get fitter, Josephine Smit reports.
It pays to consider outdoor entertainment at the outset of regeneration schemes, and plan public spaces for flexibility, finds Ben Kochan.
- Associate Town Planner / Oxford / 'Top 10' Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Oxford
- Planning Associate/Director (Leeds) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Leeds
- Planning Associate Director/Director (Bristol) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Senior Town Planner FMCV Ltd Bristol
- Principal Planner (Full Time and Part Time Roles Available) Macdonald & Co London (Greater)
- Associate Director / London / Leading Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment City of London
- Regeneration Planning Manager Wokingham Borough Council Wokingham, Berkshire
- Associate Planner (London) Beach Baker Property Recruitment London
- Planning Consultant - Major Projects Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Buckinghamshire
- Planning Policy Officer Carrington West London
- Thu 2 Mar 2017 - Tue 28 Mar 2017
- Exeter, London and Gateshead
- Tue 25 Apr 2017
- Fri 12 May 2017
- Central London