Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Manchester's NOMA is delivering development and transformation on a large scale, but some of its details are being created by local people, building community in the process, finds Josephine Smit.
A process that should have helped communities to shape local places has been hijacked, writes Michael Hardware.2 comments
Purpose-built homes for elderly people are often provided in stand-alone developments, but a project in east London promoted a more integrated approach, finds Josephine Smit.
Local employment targets should be included in planning permissions for major schemes, but provision of training is also important to ensure targets are met, finds Ben Kochan.
Why do built environment professionals create places that contribute to preventable diseases and early death, despite evidence? A question that framed the built environment advisory body Design Council CABE's submission to a competition run by campaigners Social Change UK.
Mixed use development has helped to stimulate regeneration of Swansea's High Street, by looking beyond the mainstream, writes Josephine Smit.
The government's decision to kick off 2017 with the announcement that it had shortlisted 17 sites across England to be new garden villages and towns sent a message that it is taking the programme seriously.
Communities are using social media to discuss plans and schemes, so planners and developers need to develop strategies for constructive dialogue, writes Ben Kochan.
When a charity wanted to improve its facilities, it teamed up with a housebuilder and together they're creating an integrated housing scheme, writes Josephine Smit.
London's new East Village is home to a major research project looking at whether cycling and walking routes prompt residents to get fitter, Josephine Smit reports.
- Senior Planning Officer Ebbsfleet Development Corporation Ebbsfleet, North Kent
- VARIOUS CONTRACT POSITIONS Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Nationwide
- Planner/Senior Planner (London) Beach Baker Property Recruitment London (West End)
- Planning Manager - Major Projects Medway Council Gun Wharf, Chatham, ME4 4TR
- Graduate Planner / London / Established Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment London
- senior planner Vivid Resourcing Manchester, Greater Manchester
- City Centre Strategic & Marketing Manager Osborne Richardson Oxfordshire
- Junior Planner/ Graduate Planner Oyster Partnership Gloucestershire
- Planner/Senior Planner (Leeds) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Leeds
- Development Contributions Officer Carrington West London (Greater)
- Tue 25 Apr 2017
- Thu 27 Apr 2017
- Sixty One Whitehall, London SW1A 2ET
- Wed 10 May 2017
- The Lowry, Manchester