Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Communities are using social media to discuss plans and schemes, so planners and developers need to develop strategies for constructive dialogue, writes Ben Kochan.
When a charity wanted to improve its facilities, it teamed up with a housebuilder and together they're creating an integrated housing scheme, writes Josephine Smit.
London's new East Village is home to a major research project looking at whether cycling and walking routes prompt residents to get fitter, Josephine Smit reports.
It pays to consider outdoor entertainment at the outset of regeneration schemes, and plan public spaces for flexibility, finds Ben Kochan.
Prime Minister Theresa May repeated the phrase 'the good government can do' numerous times at last month's Conservative Party Conference, a change from her predecessor's 'enemies of enterprise' complaints.
Works of art can make people look at public spaces differently and draw them into new areas, but they need to be kept fresh, finds Ben Kochan.
Co-ownership housing can create mutually supportive communities that contribute to their area, where councils identify sites and develop flexible planning policies, finds Ben Kochan.
Old approaches to providing local training and jobs on regeneration projects have had mixed success, so can other models do better? Josephine Smit finds out.
The private rented sector has potential, but in order to flourish it needs a proper legislative response, led by government, says Tom Hyde.
Accessible green space and allotments, as well as lively streets, can contribute to feelings of wellbeing and help those at risk of mental illness, finds Ben Kochan.
- Town Planning Vacancies London Legacy Development Corporation London (East), London (Greater)
- Senior Planning Policy Officer x2 Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- Spatial Information and Monitoring Officer Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- Town Planner Carrington West Hampshire
- Senior Lawyer (Planning) London Borough of Haringey Haringey, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Oyster Partnership Birmingham, West Midlands
- Infrastructure Officer London Borough of Hounslow Hounslow, London
- Planning Officers / Senior Planning Officers - Development Management London Borough of Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner / Newcastle / Leading Planning Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Newcastle upon Tyne
- Principal Planning Officers - Development Management London Borough of Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets
- Tue 17 Jan 2017 - Tue 24 Jan 2017
- London, Exeter and Birmingham
- Wed 18 Jan 2017
- The Shard, 32 London Bridge St, London, SE1 9SG
- Sat 28 Jan 2017 - Sun 29 Jan 2017
- Warwick Conferences, Coventry