Best practice, expert advice and case studies across placemaking disciplines including urban design, finance, sustainability and communities.Page Title RSS feed
The 2016 Sunday Times British Homes Awards asked designers to create a resilient home to withstand environmental risks. Josephine Smit looks at the winning solution, by JTP and Ed Barsley.
Planning refusal has led the team behind a Southwark development to review its scheme proposal and look at temporary use of its site, writes Josephine Smit.
The conversion of vacant office blocks into flats in town and city centres is creating homes for young people. But getting the details right is crucial, Ben Kochan finds
The number of build to rent homes in the pipeline is attracting attention, although the sector says there is still a stigma around renting, writes Josephine Smit.
A 21-strong panel of planning experts took on the exacting task of drawing up a shortlist from a strong field of candidates for this year's Placemaking Awards.
The new square at Manchester's NOMA is the product of a thoroughly integrated approach to placemaking, writes Josephine Smit.
Part of the regeneration scheme for the Heygate Estate in Elephant & Castle, south London, Trafalgar Place is an award-winning development of mixed-tenure homes and green spaces. Kay Parris reports
Struggling town centres could be made more attractive for customers and profitable for retailers by pooling property assets, thereby turning a group of separately owned and managed units into a new, single investment vehicle.1 comment
An urban design project in Brentford, west London set out to revive the town's marketplace and make its waterside connections more accessible. Kay Parris reports.
A new report from think-tank Demos says that community-led housing schemes offer an opportunity to overcome nimbyist tendencies and secure affordable housing, but that the groups behind them need to make a greater effort to be open and transparent.
Universities have extensive resources which they can bring to urban centres, but local authorities need to engage early with them when preparing local plans in order to maximize the benefits and avoid conflict, says Clare Melhuish.
- Senior Planning Officer Ebbsfleet Development Corporation Ebbsfleet, North Kent
- VARIOUS CONTRACT POSITIONS Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Nationwide
- Planner/Senior Planner (London) Beach Baker Property Recruitment London (West End)
- Planning Manager - Major Projects Medway Council Gun Wharf, Chatham, ME4 4TR
- Graduate Planner / London / Established Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment London
- senior planner Vivid Resourcing Manchester, Greater Manchester
- City Centre Strategic & Marketing Manager Osborne Richardson Oxfordshire
- Junior Planner/ Graduate Planner Oyster Partnership Gloucestershire
- Planner/Senior Planner (Leeds) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Leeds
- Development Contributions Officer Carrington West London (Greater)
- Tue 25 Apr 2017
- Thu 27 Apr 2017
- Sixty One Whitehall, London SW1A 2ET
- Wed 10 May 2017
- The Lowry, Manchester