Best practice, expert advice and case studies across placemaking disciplines including urban design, finance, sustainability and communities.Page Title RSS feed
The 2016 Sunday Times British Homes Awards asked designers to create a resilient home to withstand environmental risks. Josephine Smit looks at the winning solution, by JTP and Ed Barsley.
Planning refusal has led the team behind a Southwark development to review its scheme proposal and look at temporary use of its site, writes Josephine Smit.
The conversion of vacant office blocks into flats in town and city centres is creating homes for young people. But getting the details right is crucial, Ben Kochan finds
The number of build to rent homes in the pipeline is attracting attention, although the sector says there is still a stigma around renting, writes Josephine Smit.
A 21-strong panel of planning experts took on the exacting task of drawing up a shortlist from a strong field of candidates for this year's Placemaking Awards.
The new square at Manchester's NOMA is the product of a thoroughly integrated approach to placemaking, writes Josephine Smit.
Part of the regeneration scheme for the Heygate Estate in Elephant & Castle, south London, Trafalgar Place is an award-winning development of mixed-tenure homes and green spaces. Kay Parris reports
Struggling town centres could be made more attractive for customers and profitable for retailers by pooling property assets, thereby turning a group of separately owned and managed units into a new, single investment vehicle.1 comment
An urban design project in Brentford, west London set out to revive the town's marketplace and make its waterside connections more accessible. Kay Parris reports.
A new report from think-tank Demos says that community-led housing schemes offer an opportunity to overcome nimbyist tendencies and secure affordable housing, but that the groups behind them need to make a greater effort to be open and transparent.
Universities have extensive resources which they can bring to urban centres, but local authorities need to engage early with them when preparing local plans in order to maximize the benefits and avoid conflict, says Clare Melhuish.
- Development Director London Luton Airport London Luton Airport, Luton
- Deputy Planning Enforcement Manager Ackerman Pierce London (Greater)
- Development Manager (Estate Regeneration) Osborne Richardson North London
- Director of Planning and Regulatory Services Maldon District Council Essex
- Planning Enforcement Officer Ackerman Pierce West London
- Junior Planner Lewis Davey London (Central), London (Greater)
- Urban Designer Macdonald & Co London (Greater)
- Infrastructure Delivery Support Officer (S106 - CIL) Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner, London JSM Associates London
- Senior Planner - Bedfordshire - 6 Month Rolling Contract Oyster Partnership Bedfordshire
- Tue 12 Sep 2017
- Central Birmingham
- Tue 12 Sep 2017
- Central London
- Thu 14 Sep 2017 - Sun 17 Sep 2017
- Aarhus, Denmark