The latest news & analysis of urban design, architecture and heritage and conservation in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Mixed use development to the west of the city centre will combine office, housing and retail space with a series of gardens.
A recent survey by finance firm Market Financial Solutions UK reinforced the message that UK adults do not want to live in new housing developments. Previous surveys suggested that the proportion of people not prepared to live in a speculative new builds was between 67 per cent and 75 per cent. The latest one comes in at 81 per cent.
Developer Knight Dragon is working hard to transform the Greenwich Peninsula site into a place by combining homes with art, meanwhile uses and varied architecture, finds Josephine Smit.
Sheffield City Council approves leisure hall for dining and entertainment to allow shopping centre to broaden its offer.
East London's Stone Studios provides affordable workspace and a local centre, but its public space merits more attention to increase its potential for events, finds Ruth Richardson.
Mecanoo-designed new home for Oldham Coliseum is the latest element in growing cultural quarter in Oldham town centre.
Proctor & Matthews produce detailed design for first homes to be delivered by Homes and Communities Agency as it trials direct commissioning.
A site just inside York's historic city walls is to be redeveloped with a scheme combining homes, commercial space and a public realm to fit its setting.
- Senior & Principal Planning Officers Brent Council Aylesbury
- Associate Planner - Central London Lewis Davey London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce West Yorkshire
- Senior Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce South East England
- Senior/Principal Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce London
- Planning Enforcement Officer Ackerman Pierce Warwickshire
- Senior Planning Officer Maidstone Borough Council Maidstone, Kent
- Major Projects Manager Maidstone Borough Council Maidstone, Kent
- Senior Town Planner - Swindon Penguin Recruitment Swindon
- Principal Regeneration and Economic Development Officer Oxford City Council Oxford, Oxfordshire