The latest news & analysis of urban design, architecture and heritage and conservation in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Three weeks after the horrific fire in Grenfell Tower, public bodies are trying to untangle what happened and what needs to change, even while the shock and anger at the tragedy has barely subsided. While building regulations, building control and fire safety procedures will form the central part of investigations, there have also been calls to stop building high-rises.
London City Island, Smith's Dock in North Shields and a co-housing scheme are among the residential projects on the 2017 awards shortlist.
A 150 home development will help to revive an area of south Bristol with a HTA design that has a parkland setting.
Chester's Storyhouse is a new cultural centre created from a 1930s Odeon with a sympathetic extension alongside it, finds Murray Graham.
Liverpool's skyline is changing and architect Falconer Chester Hall's residential design is set to add four 16 storey towers.
In the drive to create the home of the future, we lost sight of the value of such qualities as distinctiveness, community and stability, writes Dean Clifford.
It's hard, given the events in West London, to write about anything else, but it is also hard, in the absence of any concrete information on the causes, to comment on this tragedy. It may turn out that someone did something wrong negligently (or in other ways), but it also seems possible that this is the unimaginably tragic result of system failure.
The architect has been appointed for the third phase of rebuilding planned for the site of east London's well-known Robin Hood Gardens.
- Development Director London Luton Airport London Luton Airport, Luton
- Deputy Planning Enforcement Manager Ackerman Pierce London (Greater)
- Development Manager (Estate Regeneration) Osborne Richardson North London
- Director of Planning and Regulatory Services Maldon District Council Essex
- Planning Enforcement Officer Ackerman Pierce West London
- Junior Planner Lewis Davey London (Central), London (Greater)
- Urban Designer Macdonald & Co London (Greater)
- Infrastructure Delivery Support Officer (S106 - CIL) Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner, London JSM Associates London
- Senior Planner - Bedfordshire - 6 Month Rolling Contract Oyster Partnership Bedfordshire
- Tue 12 Sep 2017
- Central Birmingham
- Tue 12 Sep 2017
- Central London
- Thu 14 Sep 2017 - Sun 17 Sep 2017
- Aarhus, Denmark