A Manchester project has explored child-friendly design by asking children to create a play structure for a planned park and prototyping the end result, finds Josephine Smit.
London housing association Poplar HARCA is two thirds of the way through a successful scheme to unlock hidden homes and is sharing its learning with others, Josephine Smit finds.
How can qualities such as character and beauty be defined when it comes to new homes in suburban and rural areas? New guidance and developments provide responses, finds Josephine Smit.
In the north east of England a new housing development is trialling advanced building methods and home technologies, finds Josephine Smit.
The audit of housing design quality being led by Professor Matthew Carmona of the Bartlett School for Planning will provide quantitative evidence to inform policymaking, writes Chris Brown.
Tim Williams contemplates the track record of the UK's new prime minister and the qualities of the returning co-chair of a government-initiated commission.
Research and record temperatures are repeatedly reminding us of how our climate is changing, and we need to take this seriously when designing new places, writes Chris Brown.
- Associate Director / Director Lewis Davey Altrincham, Flexible Location
- Senior Town Planning Consultant - Cheshire Lewis Davey Flexible in the North East
- Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing Midlands
- Planning Director - Established and successful Planning Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Manager Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Enterprise & Infrastructure Policy Team Leader Stratford-on-Avon District Council Elizabeth House, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
- Assistant Director - Planning Vivid Resourcing North West
- Planning Officer - OUTSIDE IR35 Vivid Resourcing Buckinghamshire
- Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing West Midlands
- Senior Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing Warwickshire