London mayor Sadiq Khan launches initiative to help councils build homes for social rent, with first three local authorities signing up to deliver 2,500 homes.
In a highly desirable Dorset location a community land trust and a housing provider have delivered homes that local people can afford, writes Josephine Smit.
Plans to develop six houses in south London demonstrate the challenges of bringing through small infill sites, and their potential, Josephine Smit finds.
The FIELD co-working space in Brighton's Preston Barracks was temporary, but its influence on its entrepreneurs, local people and the ensuing development lasts longer, Josephine Smit finds.
Leeds' SOYO combines well known cultural assets with new homes, cafes and open spaces in a newly branded place, finds Josephine Smit.
Revival of places like south London's Bermondsey Square brings vitality, but market forces can push gentrification too fast and too far, writes Chris Brown.
Last month more than 60 local authorities, masterplanners and developers signed an open letter to the government decrying its decision to drop the reference in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) to 'Garden City' principles.
While many have been asking how we secure cities for all, in some cities whole streets are now for no one, writes Tim Williams, and ultimately banking is to blame.
- Planning Manager/Director London JSM Associates London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate and Senior Associate Planners David Lock Associates: Town Planning & Urban Design Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Policy Planner Macdonald & Co Hertfordshire
- Senior Planning Officer- Dorset Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Dorset
- South West Hertfordshire Strategic Plan Director Dacorum Borough Council South West Hertfordshire
- Senior Town Planner – South East London Jon Taylor Associates London
- Principal Planner / Glasgow / National Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Glasgow
- Principal Planning Officer Oyster Partnership London (Greater)
- Associate Director Hays London
- Associate Town Planner Jon Taylor Associates Leeds, West Yorkshire