The river running through Derry-Londonderry has long been a focus for people in despair, but it could now become a catalyst for change, writes Josephine Smit.
Developer Knight Dragon is working hard to transform the Greenwich Peninsula site into a place by combining homes with art, meanwhile uses and varied architecture, finds Josephine Smit.
A Buckinghamshire local authority is working with the private sector to regenerate its town centre as part of a strategy aimed at making it financially self-sufficient by 2023.
Businesses in the Euston, St Pancras and King's Cross area have taken a lead in delivering a low pollution walking route and study opportunities for students, finds Josephine Smit.
The draft London Plan's stress on density, a function of the mayor's contradictory desires to double housing output while ruling out incursions into the green belt, has been much discussed. But a lower profile has been given to another attempt to square this circle - namely, the drive to see residential development within industrial areas.
Potential tensions between need for social homes, grant availability and placemaking aspirations will be hard to resolve in densifying London's estates, writes Chris Brown.
Two unconnected events, the Budget and the Future City Catapult's excellent #plantech work have brought the impotence of the planning system to impact housing supply into sharp relief for me.
- King’s Lynn Heritage Action Zone Programme Manager Borough Council of Kings Lynn & West Norfolk King's Lynn, Norfolk
- Director of Planning - Southampton - Consultancy Oyster Partnership Southampton
- Senior Planner - Global Property Consultancy - London Oyster Partnership London
- Senior Planning Officer - OUTSIDE IR35 Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Berkshire
- Graduate/Town Planner Deverell Smith Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Principal Policy Officer Vivid Resourcing East Midlands Region
- Planner / Leeds / National Planning Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Leeds
- Planner / Cardiff / Planning Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Cardiff
- Planner - Pre-APC submission - London Planning Consultancy Oyster Partnership London
- Town Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)