Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
The build to rent sector's focus on community and the long term is driving creative approaches to activating ground floor spaces in urban residential development, writes Pete Ladhams.
Swansea's projects are responding to the challenges brought by the pandemic and suggest potential routes to post-pandemic regeneration, writes Caroline Searle.
There are numerous barriers to incorporating the popular characteristics of the vernacular into new places, but a fresh approach could provide valuable lessons, writes Chris Brown.
The levelling up and regeneration bill introduced to parliament is lacking in the resources, will and planning needed to deliver change, writes Tim Williams.
Biodiversity net gain may present challenges in its potential to reduce developer contributions or limit land values but it can also add value, writes Francis Truss.
Lawrence Turner looks at the potential implications of replacing CIL and S106 developer contributions with a single flat-rate levy.
Housing secretary Michael Gove's plans to secure a further contribution from housebuilders to help remedy the cladding crisis could have unintended consequences, writes Joey Gardiner.
Policy shifts and social and climate realities may have implications for businesses that have prospered in the environment of the last few years, writes Chris Brown.
The decline in high streets and town centres presents an opportunity for local authorities to improve service provision while driving regeneration, writes Alexandra Houghton.
Recent plans for developer levies in Australia to fund social or green homes have been dropped in the face of fierce lobbying. Developers can and should do better, writes Tim Williams.
With many former Debenhams stores still empty and more property at risk of becoming outmoded in the future, there is a need to focus on ensuring buildings can stand the test of time, writes Trevor Morriss.
With local authorities reporting back on experiences of piloting the National Model Design Code, Ananya Banerjee looks at whether and how its objective of increasing beauty can be realised.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton