Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
Whatever the long term programme to move towards levelling up, the government's short term priority should be to support the immediate spending needs of hardest hit communities, writes Tim Williams.
The Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill puts greater emphasis on allowing local voices to be heard in the planning process, but concerns remain, writes Lucy Anderson.
Mark Edgerley looks at plans to strengthen aspects of strategic planning, from neighbourhood planning to mayoral authorities.
Our combined response to the climate emergency is too little, too late to prevent serious negative impacts, so we need to be working on adaptation, writes Chris Brown.
Cities have a key part to play in combatting climate change and data can help highlight their individual challenges and provide the catalyst for tackling them, writes Alexis Haass.
Australia and the UK have their own planning law and requirements around developer contributions, but serious conflicts can arise in both countries, writes Tim Williams.
New neighbourhoods can thrive on the wide-ranging benefits that effective stewardship can bring, writes Roger File.
Proposals in the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill aimed at facilitating compulsory purchase are encouraging, writes Adam Rhead, although barriers remain.
The build to rent sector's focus on community and the long term is driving creative approaches to activating ground floor spaces in urban residential development, writes Pete Ladhams.
Swansea's projects are responding to the challenges brought by the pandemic and suggest potential routes to post-pandemic regeneration, writes Caroline Searle.
There are numerous barriers to incorporating the popular characteristics of the vernacular into new places, but a fresh approach could provide valuable lessons, writes Chris Brown.
The levelling up and regeneration bill introduced to parliament is lacking in the resources, will and planning needed to deliver change, writes Tim Williams.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton