Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
We need innovative and varied solutions that middle-income earners can afford if we are going to address the housing crisis, writes Xander Vermeulen Windsant.
With four years to the next general election, the government needs to be planning now if it is to deliver urban transformation for post-industrial areas, writes Tim Williams.
If we leave it to the untrammelled market, we will keep on getting the placemaking we've always had, writes Chris Brown.
The chancellor's £4 billion levelling up fund is welcome, but reversing the lengthy spiral of disinvestment in people and places calls for more, writes Tim Williams.
The sale of Urban&Civic has illustrated the potential of the master developer model, but don't expect many others to rush to follow its lead, writes Joey Gardiner.
The challenge is to find consensus policies that tip the playing field towards those who want to invest in, and deliver, a better world, writes Chris Brown.
Too often corporate development focuses on designing buildings no-one will dislike, rather than buildings most people would love, writes John Marx.
To answer that question we need to understand the extent of economic devastation inside and outside London, writes Tim Williams.
Local political leadership is driving a string of new sustainable neighbourhoods and the UK government will be making its own mark, writes Chris Brown.
Levelling up is a good thing and the Treasury now needs to define it, as a new report highlights, writes Tim Williams.
County-wide collaborations between players from housing and the public sector are the way ahead, argues Michael Hardware.
Should the industry continue to provide standard housetypes or allow occupiers to decide on design? There is a middle way, writes Chris Brown.
- Head of Planning Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Council Offices, Campus East, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6AE
- Regeneration Officer Flintshire County Council Deeside, Flintshire (Sir y Fflint)
- Senior Planner Policy London Borough of Lambeth Lambeth Civic Centre
- 2 x Project Managers - Economic Growth and Development Osborne Richardson London, England
- Senior Project Manager Osborne Richardson England, London
- Strategic Director Development, Growth & Regeneration (2 Year FTC) London Borough of Sutton Sutton, London
- Planning Policy Manager Macdonald & Co Home Counties
- DM Team Leader Vivid Resourcing East Midlands
- Planning Director | Birmingham | New Office Opportunity Penguin Recruitment England, West Midlands, Birmingham
- Planning Director | Bristol | New Office Opportunity Penguin Recruitment Bristol, England