Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
Urban policy in areas including transport, housing density, office occupancy and co-working is being brought into question by the pandemic, writes Tim Williams.
No-contact consultation can be effective and fully comply with local authority requirements, although it has to be a different experience, writes Michael Hardware.
Placemaking practice should focus on some of the critical health outcomes that well designed places can influence, writes Chris Brown.
The recent report of the UK2070 Commission chaired by Lord Kerslake sets out actions to overcome regional inequalities, which could be wins for government, writes Tim Williams.
Last month John Tutte, executive chair of Redrow, one of the UK's largest volume housebuilders, hit out at the conclusions of the government-backed Building Better Building Beautiful Commission.
Housing secretary Robert Jenrick has pledged to deliver on the aspirations of the Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission. Chris Brown considers how.
With just under 30 per cent of its children found to be living in poverty, Wales should be in the sights of a government committed to helping left behind people and places, says Tim Williams.
One of the key asks from the government-backed Building Better Building Beautiful Commission was for improved enforcement to ensure developers adhere to approved plans when they build out schemes.
That is to improve the economic outcomes for under-served communities in the former industrial heartlands, writes Tim Williams.
That is what government needs to do through its policies if it is to optimise the social, environmental and economic outcomes of housebuilding and placemaking, writes Chris Brown.
Without the dynamism of the tertiary education sector, many cities in the UK would be on their last legs, writes Tim Williams.
Last month's serious floods, affecting large areas in the north of England, have put the issue of development on the flood plain back in the news.
- Director of Planning - Mixed Use Developer Macdonald & Co London
- Principal Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing Buckinghamshire
- Housing Enabling Manager Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Project Manager Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Intelligence Data Officer Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Project Officer Bristol City Council Bristol
- URGENT - Senior/Principal Planning Policy Officer - FULLY REMOTE Vivid Resourcing Surrey
- Associate Director - top London Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Regeneration Basildon Council Basildon, Essex
- Forward Planning and Economic Growth Team Manager Mansfield and Ashfield Shared Service Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham