Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
Covid-19 has widened not only the health gap between north and south, but also the economic gap, writes Tim Williams.
As retail declines and the introduction of permitted development rights changes our high streets and town centres, Anna Kiho makes the case for community.
The government's new guidance around the design of new homes and neighbourhoods gives advice but won't necessarily drive better design quality, writes Joey Gardiner.
The global climate change predictions set out by scientists mean the only significant uncertainty is the speed and scale of our response, writes Chris Brown.
After the prime minister's levelling up speech and ahead of the government's white paper on the issue, Nigel Wilcock looks at where focus is needed to address regional inequality.
In some parts of Britain there are too many homes and not enough jobs, and in others too many jobs and not enough homes, writes Tim Williams.
Two recent reports looking at different aspects of deprivation provide pointers for placemakers, writes Chris Brown.
There is an opportunity to shape and integrate time-worn urban centres with transport projects, writes Colin Bennie.
The experiences that helped shape the regeneration of Barking and Dagenham should guide current efforts to level up, says Tim Williams.
A professional body's debate about whether public interest obligations are compatible with members' interests is telling, writes Chris Brown.
That means the public sector needs to intervene to directly develop homes too, writes Tim Williams.
Opinion: How a low rise alternative to residential towers saved Norwich from a "monstrous carbuncle"
Why a developer dropped its legal challenge to the refusal of its Norwich high rise scheme is unclear, as is the secretary of state's reasoning in the case. But the presentation of an alternative low rise masterplan seemed to play a big part, writes Joey Gardiner.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton