Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
Australia needs to grow capacity and resources in its social and affordable housing sector and the UK could point the way, Tim Williams writes.
Government plans to extend permitted development rights are likely to be of interest to developers and owners, but have been less well received by local authority officers, writes James Doherty.
Opinion: We need an evidence-based approach to active travel in place of reactive, populist decisions
Active travel measures are encountering some resistance in the UK, but initiatives here and overseas are providing evidence of their broad benefits, writes Gina Bugten Dinesen.
The unaffordability crisis is widely misunderstood, partly because of the lack of an international perspective, writes Tim Williams.
Plans to boost housing and regeneration in England set out by government in July represent a welcome vision, but need to be backed by strategy and implementation, writes Sarah Cox.
Older people have significant housing wealth and are often well-represented in the planning system, while the young have little voice in planning decisions, writes David Churchill.
A look at office building trends in the main 50 US metropolitan areas since the 1980s reveals a surprise, finds Tim Williams.
An approach that is both human-centric and focuses on sustainability is central to shaping city success, writes Federica Buricco.
A broken housing market and the future of central business districts are concerns for both London and Sydney, writes Tim Williams.
Tim Williams answers that question by highlighting five benchmarks focusing on different aspects of the city.
Plans to remediate and redevelop a derelict coking works site in South Wales have brought regeneration close to home, writes Tim Williams.
The concepts of beauty and gentle density are open to such subjective interpretation that they will tie decisionmakers in knots even more than they already are, writes Grant Leggett.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton