Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
The challenge for developers in creating a sustainable community is the effective long-term management of resources, writes David Churchill.
That was a key phrase for those planning the legacy of London's 2012 games and it is a lesson worth bearing in mind for future host locations, writes Tim Williams.
The decisions on Hillside, Armstrong and M&S at Oxford Street have lessons for putting together planning applications, writes Julia Chowings.
The requirement for new residential buildings of over 18 metres in height to incorporate a second staircase could prompt developers to review or reduce the height of proposed schemes.
Industry commentators give their perspectives on what 2024 has in store for economic development, infrastructure and housing.
Ideas can come from many quarters, as Tim Williams illustrates by explaining how poetry became the basis for a bid to work on an urban regeneration project.
Australia needs to grow capacity and resources in its social and affordable housing sector and the UK could point the way, Tim Williams writes.
Government plans to extend permitted development rights are likely to be of interest to developers and owners, but have been less well received by local authority officers, writes James Doherty.
Opinion: We need an evidence-based approach to active travel in place of reactive, populist decisions
Active travel measures are encountering some resistance in the UK, but initiatives here and overseas are providing evidence of their broad benefits, writes Gina Bugten Dinesen.
The unaffordability crisis is widely misunderstood, partly because of the lack of an international perspective, writes Tim Williams.
Plans to boost housing and regeneration in England set out by government in July represent a welcome vision, but need to be backed by strategy and implementation, writes Sarah Cox.
Older people have significant housing wealth and are often well-represented in the planning system, while the young have little voice in planning decisions, writes David Churchill.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton