Expert comment on town planning, urban regeneration, economic development, urban design, sustainable development & community building.Page Title RSS feed
The gap has grown between outcomes in British regional cities and their continental counterparts, and current government policy won't close it, writes Tim Williams.
Government is failing to live up to its own rhetoric, with planned changes to the NPPF falling far short in helping the UK meet its carbon budget, writes Chris Brown.
There has been a separation of interests and objectives between the working class and the middle classes that used to align with it, and divides are set to worsen, writes Tim Williams.
Policies in the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill and moves by rebellious backbench MPs both include some measures that may contribute to a new vision for levelling up and regeneration, writes Chris Brown.
A gender-responsive approach to city planning and design should become business as usual and not a special consideration, writes Sowmya Parthasarathy.
Strategies for renewing or replacing declining shopping centres will be highly locational and localised, writes Tim Williams.
Build-to-rent suburban communities have a part to play in delivering on the levelling up agenda, writes Ian Barnett.
The government views green belt reform as separate from levelling-up, but to some extent the green belt has driven the north-south divide, writes Ian Barnett.
As a change of prime minister raises questions about the government's planned innovation zones, Chris Brown sets out the priorities.
Social value delivery is at a pivotal point and needs to learn from the health and safety agenda, writes Lisa Sanders.
No-one in office is looking likely to have an answer for our national economic malaise, let alone a serious remedy to turn around the former industrial areas in decline, writes Tim Williams.
Both local and national politics provide obstacles to the process of delivering homes, writes Ian Barnett.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton