This seminar will examine next steps for tackling the funding challenges facing the cultural sector in England and latest progress in implementing proposals set out in the Culture White Paper.
Keynote speakers at this conference include Victoria MacCallum, Head of Museums, Arm's Length Bodies, Appointments and Honours, DCMS and Richard Russell, Chief Operating Officer, Arts Council England.
Agenda discussion points:
- Implementing the Culture White Paper, and the tailored review of Arts Council England;
- ‘Great art and culture for everyone - investing in arts and culture across England’;
- How policy and public giving can further support the cultural sector;
- A global outlook from the British Council - networks, new investors and promoting brand Britain;
- Adapting to Brexit and building closer connections with international partners;
- Financial models and revenue sources:
- Birmingham Cultural Investment Inquiry: findings on new investment-based models;
- The business case for long-term corporate investment in arts and culture;
- Arts programming spend: audience development and innovative content partnerships;
- Managing the diversification of revenue streams;
- Case studies:
- ‘The National Lottery: maximising returns to Good Causes’; and
- ‘Funding through social enterprise: best practice and future challenges’.