Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
A community group has won planning consent to create London's largest affordable self build housing scheme to date, and it has taken years of hard graft to get this far, finds Josephine Smit.
Liverpool City Council has identified the first potential sites for development by its ethical housing company, which has a 10,000 home target.
Revival of places like south London's Bermondsey Square brings vitality, but market forces can push gentrification too fast and too far, writes Chris Brown.
There's a growing debate about the housing needs and choices of older people, and no single solution, writes Josephine Smit.
In a number of cities around the world there are community led housing projects that are inspirational in their financial mechanisms, delivery models and social value, writes Chris Brown.
The Capital of Culture programme brought placemaking gains to Liverpool, but there's a question over how cities raise their game on an international platform in future, asks Hannah Martin.
Small business space can create employment and enliven housing developments, but local authorities need to use land and planning powers to ensure it's affordable, finds Ben Kochan.
Mixing generations within developments can overcome loneliness and aid management, but the needs of different groups must be addressed, finds Ben Kochan.
The FIELD co-working space in Brighton's Preston Barracks was temporary, but its influence on its entrepreneurs, local people and the ensuing development lasts longer, Josephine Smit finds.
Proposers of major housing developments need to consider a range of options for addressing the healthcare needs of incoming residents, finds Ben Kochan.
- Team Leader, Strategic Development Charnwood Borough Council Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Senior Planning Officer Central Bedfordshire Council Shefford, Bedfordshire
- Graduate, Planning & Administration Officer Lewis Davey Oxfordshire
- Principal Planning Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Kent
- Senior Development Management Planner- Surrey Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Surrey
- Senior Planning Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Oxfordshire
- Senior DM Planning Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Berkshire
- Planning Policy Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Leicestershire
- Planning Consultant - Major Applications Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Buckinghamshire
- Conservation Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Surrey