Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
If we could reliably identify and measure the social impact of regeneration, we would almost certainly want to rethink how we go about placemaking, writes Chris Brown.
A long established community of park homes in Berkshire has become the focus for a planning conflict that raises questions about homeowner rights, says Michael Hardware.
Clusters of independent food and drink businesses can help create a diverse and sustainable town or city centre, but entrepreneurs need support for long term viability, finds Ben Kochan.
A community group has won planning consent to create London's largest affordable self build housing scheme to date, and it has taken years of hard graft to get this far, finds Josephine Smit.
Liverpool City Council has identified the first potential sites for development by its ethical housing company, which has a 10,000 home target.
Revival of places like south London's Bermondsey Square brings vitality, but market forces can push gentrification too fast and too far, writes Chris Brown.
There's a growing debate about the housing needs and choices of older people, and no single solution, writes Josephine Smit.
In a number of cities around the world there are community led housing projects that are inspirational in their financial mechanisms, delivery models and social value, writes Chris Brown.
The Capital of Culture programme brought placemaking gains to Liverpool, but there's a question over how cities raise their game on an international platform in future, asks Hannah Martin.
Small business space can create employment and enliven housing developments, but local authorities need to use land and planning powers to ensure it's affordable, finds Ben Kochan.
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Lead Advisor Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner/Senior Consultant - Economic Development Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Future Place Project Manager Royal Institute of British Architects Central London - Regents Park.
- Heads of Development Planning Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions UK Limited London and Birmingham
- Senior Town Planner (or Planner) | Cambridge | up to £45k Lewis Davey Cambridge
- Graduate Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Planning Project Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)