Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
The Capital of Culture programme brought placemaking gains to Liverpool, but there's a question over how cities raise their game on an international platform in future, asks Hannah Martin.
Small business space can create employment and enliven housing developments, but local authorities need to use land and planning powers to ensure it's affordable, finds Ben Kochan.
Mixing generations within developments can overcome loneliness and aid management, but the needs of different groups must be addressed, finds Ben Kochan.
The FIELD co-working space in Brighton's Preston Barracks was temporary, but its influence on its entrepreneurs, local people and the ensuing development lasts longer, Josephine Smit finds.
Proposers of major housing developments need to consider a range of options for addressing the healthcare needs of incoming residents, finds Ben Kochan.
We need to design walkability and health back into Greater Sydney and other cities if we are to address the rise in obesity and type 2 diabetes, writes Tim Williams.
The Social Value Act has played a critical role in raising understanding of the importance of social value, but now it's time to aim higher, argues Kevin O'Connor.
The draft London Plan's stress on density, a function of the mayor's contradictory desires to double housing output while ruling out incursions into the green belt, has been much discussed. But a lower profile has been given to another attempt to square this circle - namely, the drive to see residential development within industrial areas.
NHS England wants housebuilders to join initiative to promote fitness trails and other healthy features in new homes and communities.
Leeds' SOYO combines well known cultural assets with new homes, cafes and open spaces in a newly branded place, finds Josephine Smit.
- Senior Planning Officer (2 posts) North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Town Planner – London (Retail specialism) Jon Taylor Associates Central London
- Planning Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director - Established and successful Planning Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer - West London - £40-£50/hour - Home Working Vivid Resourcing West London
- Interim Planning Policy Manager Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Berkshire
- Senior Town Planner – Colchester Jon Taylor Associates Colchester, Essex
- Principal Policy Planner Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Hertfordshire
- Regeneration Support Officer Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside
- Strategic Lead – Regeneration & Development Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside