Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
It's always good when someone reputable produces some research that reinforces one's views, even if we recognise the dangers of being selective with the evidence we allow to influence us.
Retail sites have great potential to add housing, but there's a need to understand retailers' operational needs and create an attractive environment for residents, finds Ben Kochan.
Theatres and arts centres face a battle to survive amidst council cuts, but some new city schemes are demonstrating how culture can add value, writes Josephine Smit.
Our cities need to accommodate an increasing population but some urban dwellers are highly resistant to development. Tim Williams looks beneath the surface of the debate.
Housing with care complexes for older people should be at the heart of new communities, providing services for residents and the wider population, finds Ben Kochan.
Can greater diversity in the built environment professions improve the quality of places we create? Stephen Gleave gives his answer.
NHS England's Healthy New Towns programme has captured the interest of developers and general public, but highlights the complexities of delivery, finds Josephine Smit.
The east London borough is changing fast, so it is down to local players to ensure that the area's heritage and communities thrive, writes Ibrahim Michael Maiga.
City divisions can run deep, resulting in lower life expectancies for the poorest residents. It's a challenge Tim Williams encountered in London and which might be even more pronounced in Sydney.
Businesses in the Euston, St Pancras and King's Cross area have taken a lead in delivering a low pollution walking route and study opportunities for students, finds Josephine Smit.
- Senior Planning Officer(s) X2 Lewis Davey Buckinghamshire
- Conservation and Design Officer Westminster City Council Central Team, 20th Floor Portland House
- Junior Planner - Development Management - Surrey Vivid Resourcing Surrey
- Senior Planner / Multi-disciplinary Consultancy / Derbyshire Penguin Recruitment Derbyshire
- Associate Planner (Strategic Planning) / Consultancy / Bristol Penguin Recruitment Bristol
- Team Leader - Development Management Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Northamptonshire
- Planner / Senior Planner / Principal Planner - (London) Osborne Richardson London (Greater)
- Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce South London
- Senior Development Management Officer x2 Vivid Resourcing Northamptonshire
- Town Centre Regeneration Delivery Manager Borough of Poole Poole, Dorset
Westminster Media Forum Keynote Seminar: Next steps for regional development and the creative industries in the UK
- Thu 14 Dec 2017
- Central London