Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Community land trusts could play an important role in providing affordable housing in urban areas but sites need to be identified and offered to them at below market prices, finds Ben Kochan.
Affordable housing has to date had a relatively small part to play in build to rent developments. Andy Jones looks at whether more should be delivered as part of the package of community benefits.
A London industrial estate has been transformed from hostile, car-focused environment into an inclusive place that is pulling in the punters at evenings and weekends, writes Josephine Smit.
Review highlights examples of poor quality housing and housing association bodies respond by pledging to drive implementation of its recommendations, including an audit of social housing stock.
There has been a separation of interests and objectives between the working class and the middle classes that used to align with it, and divides are set to worsen, writes Tim Williams.
Calls to radically change the way landlords respond to damp and mould in their homes have turned to action in the wake of the death of Awaab Ishak, writes Josephine Smit.
Including a school as part of a mixed use development can bring vitality to a scheme, but it's important that the various uses are carefully integrated, finds Ben Kochan.
A gender-responsive approach to city planning and design should become business as usual and not a special consideration, writes Sowmya Parthasarathy.
Build-to-rent suburban communities have a part to play in delivering on the levelling up agenda, writes Ian Barnett.
The government views green belt reform as separate from levelling-up, but to some extent the green belt has driven the north-south divide, writes Ian Barnett.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton