Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Identifying attractive walking and cycling routes needs to be at the centre of strategies to promote the 15-minute neighbourhood, finds Ben Kochan.
Before levelling up even started some areas went backwards, writes Tim Williams, and post-pandemic recovery may not see their employment return.
Oxford City Council's housing company has completed the first homes in its ten-year delivery programme, and is applying lessons from its early experience, Josephine Smit finds.
While wealthier locations may prove fairly resilient to changes wrought by the pandemic, deprived neighbourhoods will continue to lack public and private investment, writes Chris Brown.
The Budget's fast, local money and backing for transport infrastructure will aid recovery in the West Midlands, and the region now needs to build back stronger, writes Simon Marks.
The future looks uncertain but design and planning innovations in homes and the built environment around them could help meet the challenges, writes Tim Williams.
Building more homes is not enough to address the housing crisis, argues a commission established by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York. The commission has set out an alternative, Josephine Smit writes.
Children do not require any special play provision, but streets and other places need to be made welcoming and safe from cars, finds Ben Kochan.
Social infrastructure has been embedded in east London's Royal Wharf in a strategy to transform a former industrial site into a sustainable neighbourhood, Josephine Smit finds.
- Head of Capital Programme Osborne Richardson Newham, London, England
- Planner | Nottingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner or Senior Planner | Manchester | Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner or Senior Planner | Leeds | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Team Leader Strategic Planning (Local Plans) Greater London Authority Central London SE1
- Assistant/MRTPI Planner - consultancy - Bristol Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Development Executive - Placemaking | Milton Keynes Penguin Recruitment Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planning Officer Carrington West Somerset