Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Before levelling up even started some areas went backwards, writes Tim Williams, and post-pandemic recovery may not see their employment return.
Oxford City Council's housing company has completed the first homes in its ten-year delivery programme, and is applying lessons from its early experience, Josephine Smit finds.
While wealthier locations may prove fairly resilient to changes wrought by the pandemic, deprived neighbourhoods will continue to lack public and private investment, writes Chris Brown.
The Budget's fast, local money and backing for transport infrastructure will aid recovery in the West Midlands, and the region now needs to build back stronger, writes Simon Marks.
The future looks uncertain but design and planning innovations in homes and the built environment around them could help meet the challenges, writes Tim Williams.
Building more homes is not enough to address the housing crisis, argues a commission established by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York. The commission has set out an alternative, Josephine Smit writes.
Children do not require any special play provision, but streets and other places need to be made welcoming and safe from cars, finds Ben Kochan.
Social infrastructure has been embedded in east London's Royal Wharf in a strategy to transform a former industrial site into a sustainable neighbourhood, Josephine Smit finds.
We need innovative and varied solutions that middle-income earners can afford if we are going to address the housing crisis, writes Xander Vermeulen Windsant.
The grade 2 listed Walworth Town Hall building in south London is set to be restored and converted to new uses.
- Interim Head of Regeneration & Towns Fund Carrington West Midlands
- Senior Associate / Associate / Senior Planners David Lock Associates Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Planning Director | Birmingham | National Planning Consultancy Penguin Recruitment West Midlands, Birmingham, England
- Planning Director | Bristol | New Office Opportunity Penguin Recruitment England, Bristol
- Senior Economic Development Officer Osborne Richardson England
- Specialist Advisor – Conservation Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils Eastbourne & Lewes
- Planning Director | London | Planning Consultancy Penguin Recruitment England, London
- Assistant/MRTPI Planner - consultancy - Bristol Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Regeneration Manager G2 Recruitment West Midlands
- Planning Director - Birmingham Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands