Housing, community renewal, arts, culture & heritage, urban green spaces, regeneration, conservation and community engagement in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Open air music, dance and theatre performances bring benefits to city centres, but public spaces need to be planned and landscaped to maximise their impact, finds Ben Kochan.
The Limelight in Old Trafford is a large scheme with community facilities and housing for older people, but its simple materials and muted colours mean it doesn't overpower neighbouring houses, finds Gordon Tero.
Social housing tenants approve redevelopment of their estate in first ballot to take place under new rule introduced by London mayor Sadiq Khan this summer.
Durham County Council has approved a 1,500 home development to the south of Seaham, which is targeting design and innovation for care and wellbeing.
The Bristol Housing Festival is a five year experiment involving city players and general public to find solutions to the housing crisis, finds Josephine Smit.
Meanwhile uses can bring long term benefits as well as short term activity to sites awaiting redevelopment, but developers need to be persuaded to allow them, writes Ben Kochan.
A new or improved stadium can not only be a catalyst for broader regeneration, it can also provide a hub for social change in its community, Josephine Smit finds.
In North Tyneside a public-private partnership is succeeding in changing the lives of disadvantaged young people with work-based training, finds Josephine Smit.
Housing design for older people often focuses on physical mobility, but it is important homes are visually accessible to cater for the needs of those with dementia, finds Ben Kochan.
If we could reliably identify and measure the social impact of regeneration, we would almost certainly want to rethink how we go about placemaking, writes Chris Brown.
- Business Unit Leader - Planning Policy & Economy - Mid Sussex Lewis Davey CB Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Planning Enforcement Officer- Kent Park Avenue Recruitment Kent
- Town Planner / Senior Planner | nr Stevenage | up to £40k basic + bonuses | Big projects Lewis Davey Hertfordshire
- Chartered Town Planners x 2 - East Midlands Lewis Davey East Midands
- Planning Consultant/Senior Planner - Bournemouth Lewis Davey Bournemouth, Dorset
- Assistant Director - Planning Vivid Resourcing South UK
- Senior Enforcement Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Buckinghamshire
- Planning Officer LB Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets, London (Greater)
- Planning Policy Manager Vivid Resourcing West Midlands Region
- Associate Director - London (copy) Martin Robeson Planning Practice London (Greater)