The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Lighting for neighbourhood and district centres needs to be reviewed and given a more human scale as more people are using these public spaces, finds Ben Kochan.
Greening junctions and roads can be part of active travel strategies to encourage greater walking and cycling, writes Ben Kochan.
Identifying attractive walking and cycling routes needs to be at the centre of strategies to promote the 15-minute neighbourhood, finds Ben Kochan.
COVID response measures have highlighted the difficulties in moving to healthier and more sustainable forms of travel and placemakers need to be assertive to enable change, writes Chris Brown.
With declining car ownership and the possible introduction of autonomous vehicles, parking needs to be designed so space can be adapted for other uses when it is no longer needed, finds Ben Kochan.
The Budget's fast, local money and backing for transport infrastructure will aid recovery in the West Midlands, and the region now needs to build back stronger, writes Simon Marks.
Children do not require any special play provision, but streets and other places need to be made welcoming and safe from cars, finds Ben Kochan.
Social infrastructure has been embedded in east London's Royal Wharf in a strategy to transform a former industrial site into a sustainable neighbourhood, Josephine Smit finds.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton