The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
With increasing water shortages, planners need to negotiate for developers of new housing to install water-efficient appliances and rainwater harvesting systems, finds Ben Kochan.
With a growing number of electric vehicles being sold, councils need to expand charging infrastructure using their own sites and on streets, finds Ben Kochan.
Brighton & Hove City Council's Valley Gardens project has reduced vehicle dominance and created an attractive ribbon of green space, which is pedestrian and cycle friendly, finds Michael Doyle.
Almost every new housing estate being built now is obsolescent, writes Chris Brown, and we don't yet have an integrated approach to renewable electricity.
The London mayor has warned a transport funding deal is needed to safeguard housebuilding plans for the capital, while in Dagenham a CPO has been withdrawn because of concerns about station delivery.
Fear of contagion on mass transit and the shift to home working could mean public transport use and office occupancy never return to past levels, threatening received urban paradigms, writes Tim Williams.
There is an opportunity to shape and integrate time-worn urban centres with transport projects, writes Colin Bennie.
Lighting for neighbourhood and district centres needs to be reviewed and given a more human scale as more people are using these public spaces, finds Ben Kochan.
Greening junctions and roads can be part of active travel strategies to encourage greater walking and cycling, writes Ben Kochan.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton