The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Providing a school early on in a large housing development can accelerate construction of further phases, but this requires careful planning, finds Ben Kochan.
Sustainable travel plans are increasingly required as part of planning applications for major housing schemes, but residents also need to be encouraged to use buses, walk or cycle, finds Ben Kochan.
Pavements in town and city centres need careful management to ensure they are interesting places, but don't become obstacle courses for pedestrians, finds Ben Kochan.
Bad transport infrastructure decisions in south Wales are continuing to cost the region dearly, writes Tim Williams.
First national infrastructure assessment highlights need for community level trials of hydrogen and heat pumps within three years.
Walkability has been designed out of Australian cities, and designing it back in needs to start with traffic lights, argues Tim Williams.
With the growth in online shopping and the promise of fast delivery, warehouse hubs are needed alongside major new residential development, finds Ben Kochan.
Events in east London's Newham and in Western Sydney highlight the importance of quality councils with capacity and focus, writes Tim Williams.
Renewable technologies allow electricity to be generated locally, offering opportunities to bring local benefits, but systems and regulations have yet to keep pace, Josephine Smit finds.
- Business Unit Leader - Planning Policy & Economy - Mid Sussex Lewis Davey CB Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Planning Enforcement Officer- Kent Park Avenue Recruitment Kent
- Town Planner / Senior Planner | nr Stevenage | up to £40k basic + bonuses | Big projects Lewis Davey Hertfordshire
- Chartered Town Planners x 2 - East Midlands Lewis Davey East Midands
- Planning Consultant/Senior Planner - Bournemouth Lewis Davey Bournemouth, Dorset
- Assistant Director - Planning Vivid Resourcing South UK
- Senior Enforcement Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Buckinghamshire
- Planning Officer LB Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets, London (Greater)
- Planning Policy Manager Vivid Resourcing West Midlands Region
- Associate Director - London (copy) Martin Robeson Planning Practice London (Greater)