The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
The Ordsall Chord project has both improved rail connections in Manchester city centre and created a network of successful public spaces around it, finds Murray Graham.
The number of charging points is increasing to promote greater use of electric vehicles, but councils need to ensure they are in the right place, finds Ben Kochan.
The Welsh government's decision to drop plans for a relief road around Newport is sound, but South Wales still needs transport infrastructure and ways to fund it, says Tim Williams.
Some cities are looking to congestion charging to limit air pollution, but there is also a need to focus on design of the city infrastructure and buildings, finds Josephine Smit.
Local authority car parking standards need to be applied flexibly as transport habits change and parking areas designed for repurposing as they become redundant, finds Ben Kochan.
Providing a school early on in a large housing development can accelerate construction of further phases, but this requires careful planning, finds Ben Kochan.
Sustainable travel plans are increasingly required as part of planning applications for major housing schemes, but residents also need to be encouraged to use buses, walk or cycle, finds Ben Kochan.
Pavements in town and city centres need careful management to ensure they are interesting places, but don't become obstacle courses for pedestrians, finds Ben Kochan.
Bad transport infrastructure decisions in south Wales are continuing to cost the region dearly, writes Tim Williams.
- Latest Town Planning Opportunities Nationwide Lewis Davey Nationwide
- EIA Planning Director / Associate Director | 8 office locations | Wide range of projects Lewis Davey One of 8 locations across the UK
- Graduate Town Planner Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Senior Planner | Fast Track to Associate Lewis Davey Birmingham, West Midlands
- Associate Director Lewis Davey Central London
- Graduate / Planner | Southampton Central | Superb Projects | Flexible workplace Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Senior / Principal + Associate / Planning Director | Flexible working | Southampton Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Chartered Town Planner (5-10 Years' Experience) Lewis Davey Fareham, Hampshire
- Senior or Associate Planner | Great projects | Genuine progression | Big company, small team Lewis Davey Bristol (City Centre), City of Bristol
- Town Planning Manager - Essex Deverell Smith Essex