The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
New cycle lanes have been accompanied by imaginative public realm improvements in a project carried out as part of Transport for London's Mini-Holland initiative, writes Ian Hingley.
Live music venues bring vibrancy to urban centres and with good planning and design, friction with local residents can be avoided, finds Ben Kochan.
There has been a lack of land-use and transport integration at the heart of infrastructure appraisal, writes Tim Williams.
The Ordsall Chord project has both improved rail connections in Manchester city centre and created a network of successful public spaces around it, finds Murray Graham.
The number of charging points is increasing to promote greater use of electric vehicles, but councils need to ensure they are in the right place, finds Ben Kochan.
The Welsh government's decision to drop plans for a relief road around Newport is sound, but South Wales still needs transport infrastructure and ways to fund it, says Tim Williams.
Some cities are looking to congestion charging to limit air pollution, but there is also a need to focus on design of the city infrastructure and buildings, finds Josephine Smit.
Local authority car parking standards need to be applied flexibly as transport habits change and parking areas designed for repurposing as they become redundant, finds Ben Kochan.
Providing a school early on in a large housing development can accelerate construction of further phases, but this requires careful planning, finds Ben Kochan.
- Town Planner/Senior Town Planner Macdonald & Co London
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner - Reading Deverell Smith Reading, Berkshire
- Associate / Director Lewis Davey Colchester, Essex
- Principal Adviser – Access and Inclusion Greater London Authority Central London SE1
- Director of Planning - OPDC Macdonald & Co London
- Director of Planning OPDC Central London SE1
- Head of Planning - Development Management OPDC Central London SE1
- Planning Director or Associate Director | Top Consultancy | Newcastle Lewis Davey Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Principal Regeneration Officer Bridgend County Borough Council Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr)
- High Street Heritage Action Zone Project Manager Kettering Borough Council Kettering, Northamptonshire