The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Identifying attractive walking and cycling routes needs to be at the centre of strategies to promote the 15-minute neighbourhood, finds Ben Kochan.
COVID response measures have highlighted the difficulties in moving to healthier and more sustainable forms of travel and placemakers need to be assertive to enable change, writes Chris Brown.
With declining car ownership and the possible introduction of autonomous vehicles, parking needs to be designed so space can be adapted for other uses when it is no longer needed, finds Ben Kochan.
The Budget's fast, local money and backing for transport infrastructure will aid recovery in the West Midlands, and the region now needs to build back stronger, writes Simon Marks.
Children do not require any special play provision, but streets and other places need to be made welcoming and safe from cars, finds Ben Kochan.
Social infrastructure has been embedded in east London's Royal Wharf in a strategy to transform a former industrial site into a sustainable neighbourhood, Josephine Smit finds.
Through the pandemic, the need to provide regional and local distribution sites for online shopping deliveries has become even more pressing, finds Ben Kochan.
Levelling up is a good thing and the Treasury now needs to define it, as a new report highlights, writes Tim Williams.
- Senior Planner Macdonald & Company London
- Town Planning Consultant Macdonald & Company Manchester
- Town Planner/Senior Planner Macdonald & Company London
- Planning Officer Matchtech London
- Regeneration Lead (Localities) Essex County Council Chelmsford, Essex
- Head of Capital Programme Osborne Richardson Newham, London, England
- Planner | Nottingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner or Senior Planner | Manchester | Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner or Senior Planner | Leeds | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking