The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
The Welsh government's decision to drop plans for a relief road around Newport is sound, but South Wales still needs transport infrastructure and ways to fund it, says Tim Williams.
Some cities are looking to congestion charging to limit air pollution, but there is also a need to focus on design of the city infrastructure and buildings, finds Josephine Smit.
Local authority car parking standards need to be applied flexibly as transport habits change and parking areas designed for repurposing as they become redundant, finds Ben Kochan.
Providing a school early on in a large housing development can accelerate construction of further phases, but this requires careful planning, finds Ben Kochan.
Sustainable travel plans are increasingly required as part of planning applications for major housing schemes, but residents also need to be encouraged to use buses, walk or cycle, finds Ben Kochan.
Pavements in town and city centres need careful management to ensure they are interesting places, but don't become obstacle courses for pedestrians, finds Ben Kochan.
Bad transport infrastructure decisions in south Wales are continuing to cost the region dearly, writes Tim Williams.
First national infrastructure assessment highlights need for community level trials of hydrogen and heat pumps within three years.
Walkability has been designed out of Australian cities, and designing it back in needs to start with traffic lights, argues Tim Williams.
- Associate Director / Director Lewis Davey Altrincham, Flexible Location
- Senior Town Planning Consultant - Cheshire Lewis Davey Flexible in the North East
- Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing Midlands
- Planning Director - Established and successful Planning Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Manager Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Enterprise & Infrastructure Policy Team Leader Stratford-on-Avon District Council Elizabeth House, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
- Assistant Director - Planning Vivid Resourcing North West
- Planning Officer - OUTSIDE IR35 Vivid Resourcing Buckinghamshire
- Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing West Midlands
- Senior Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing Warwickshire