The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Events in east London's Newham and in Western Sydney highlight the importance of quality councils with capacity and focus, writes Tim Williams.
Renewable technologies allow electricity to be generated locally, offering opportunities to bring local benefits, but systems and regulations have yet to keep pace, Josephine Smit finds.
In Australia and in the UK, there's a need to harvest some of the uplift in property values that are created by public investments in civic amenity and connectivity, writes Tim Williams.
Transport policy for our cities could be failing to keep up with the more urban-centred ways of working in the new digital economy, says Jonathan Bray.
Proposers of major housing developments need to consider a range of options for addressing the healthcare needs of incoming residents, finds Ben Kochan.
Sydney's WestConnex highway holds lessons for reform in the way urban infrastructure is prioritised and communities are engaged, writes Tim Williams.
Retail sites have great potential to add housing, but there's a need to understand retailers' operational needs and create an attractive environment for residents, finds Ben Kochan.
It may be some time before fully autonomous vehicles are a familiar sight on our streets but town centres and housing schemes need to be planned to accommodate them now, reports Ben Kochan.
The river running through Derry-Londonderry has long been a focus for people in despair, but it could now become a catalyst for change, writes Josephine Smit.
- Senior Planning Officer (2 posts) North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Town Planner – London (Retail specialism) Jon Taylor Associates Central London
- Planning Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director - Established and successful Planning Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer - West London - £40-£50/hour - Home Working Vivid Resourcing West London
- Interim Planning Policy Manager Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Berkshire
- Senior Town Planner – Colchester Jon Taylor Associates Colchester, Essex
- Principal Policy Planner Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Hertfordshire
- Regeneration Support Officer Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside
- Strategic Lead – Regeneration & Development Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside