The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Walkability has been designed out of Australian cities, and designing it back in needs to start with traffic lights, argues Tim Williams.
With the growth in online shopping and the promise of fast delivery, warehouse hubs are needed alongside major new residential development, finds Ben Kochan.
Events in east London's Newham and in Western Sydney highlight the importance of quality councils with capacity and focus, writes Tim Williams.
Renewable technologies allow electricity to be generated locally, offering opportunities to bring local benefits, but systems and regulations have yet to keep pace, Josephine Smit finds.
In Australia and in the UK, there's a need to harvest some of the uplift in property values that are created by public investments in civic amenity and connectivity, writes Tim Williams.
Transport policy for our cities could be failing to keep up with the more urban-centred ways of working in the new digital economy, says Jonathan Bray.
Proposers of major housing developments need to consider a range of options for addressing the healthcare needs of incoming residents, finds Ben Kochan.
Sydney's WestConnex highway holds lessons for reform in the way urban infrastructure is prioritised and communities are engaged, writes Tim Williams.
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Lead Advisor Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner/Senior Consultant - Economic Development Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Future Place Project Manager Royal Institute of British Architects Central London - Regents Park.
- Heads of Development Planning Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions UK Limited London and Birmingham
- Senior Town Planner (or Planner) | Cambridge | up to £45k Lewis Davey Cambridge
- Graduate Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Planning Project Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)