The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Live music venues bring vibrancy to urban centres and with good planning and design, friction with local residents can be avoided, finds Ben Kochan.
There has been a lack of land-use and transport integration at the heart of infrastructure appraisal, writes Tim Williams.
The Ordsall Chord project has both improved rail connections in Manchester city centre and created a network of successful public spaces around it, finds Murray Graham.
The number of charging points is increasing to promote greater use of electric vehicles, but councils need to ensure they are in the right place, finds Ben Kochan.
The Welsh government's decision to drop plans for a relief road around Newport is sound, but South Wales still needs transport infrastructure and ways to fund it, says Tim Williams.
Some cities are looking to congestion charging to limit air pollution, but there is also a need to focus on design of the city infrastructure and buildings, finds Josephine Smit.
Local authority car parking standards need to be applied flexibly as transport habits change and parking areas designed for repurposing as they become redundant, finds Ben Kochan.
Providing a school early on in a large housing development can accelerate construction of further phases, but this requires careful planning, finds Ben Kochan.
Sustainable travel plans are increasingly required as part of planning applications for major housing schemes, but residents also need to be encouraged to use buses, walk or cycle, finds Ben Kochan.
- Planner / Urban Designer - London Lewis Davey Greenwich, London
- Senior or Associate Planner | Great projects | Genuine progression | Big company, small team Lewis Davey Bristol (City Centre), City of Bristol
- EIA Planning Director / Associate Director | 8 office locations | Wide range of projects Lewis Davey One of 8 locations across the UK
- Strategic Application Planner Carrington West London
- Corporate Director of Regeneration, Economy and Growth Durham County Council Durham
- Project and Development Manager Matchtech Hampshire
- Principal to Associate Director of Planning Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Development Management G2 Recruitment West Midlands
- Associate Director/ Director Oyster Partnership London
- Planner/ Senior Planner Oyster Partnership South East England