The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Some cities are looking to congestion charging to limit air pollution, but there is also a need to focus on design of the city infrastructure and buildings, finds Josephine Smit.
Local authority car parking standards need to be applied flexibly as transport habits change and parking areas designed for repurposing as they become redundant, finds Ben Kochan.
Providing a school early on in a large housing development can accelerate construction of further phases, but this requires careful planning, finds Ben Kochan.
Sustainable travel plans are increasingly required as part of planning applications for major housing schemes, but residents also need to be encouraged to use buses, walk or cycle, finds Ben Kochan.
Pavements in town and city centres need careful management to ensure they are interesting places, but don't become obstacle courses for pedestrians, finds Ben Kochan.
Bad transport infrastructure decisions in south Wales are continuing to cost the region dearly, writes Tim Williams.
First national infrastructure assessment highlights need for community level trials of hydrogen and heat pumps within three years.
Walkability has been designed out of Australian cities, and designing it back in needs to start with traffic lights, argues Tim Williams.
With the growth in online shopping and the promise of fast delivery, warehouse hubs are needed alongside major new residential development, finds Ben Kochan.
- Strategic Projects Manager (Planning Delivery) upto £54,656 Lewis Davey Shefford, Bedfordshire
- Planner / Senior Planner Lewis Davey Cirencester, Gloucestershire
- Chartered Planner - Leeds (Senior or Associate) Lewis Davey West Yorkshire
- Chartered Planners - Leicester Lewis Davey Leicestershire
- Client Side Town Planner Lewis Davey Stansted, Essex
- Planning Consultant / Senior Consultant / Associate Planner Lewis Davey Preston, Lancashire
- Policy Team Leader with a Policy Manager job title! Lewis Davey Essex
- Planning Manager Lewis Davey Winchester, Hampshire
- Senior Planning Policy Officer (£28 + per hour)- South London Deverell Smith London (Greater)
- Transport Planner - Regeneration Project - South London Deverell Smith London