The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Sydney's WestConnex highway holds lessons for reform in the way urban infrastructure is prioritised and communities are engaged, writes Tim Williams.
Retail sites have great potential to add housing, but there's a need to understand retailers' operational needs and create an attractive environment for residents, finds Ben Kochan.
The river running through Derry-Londonderry has long been a focus for people in despair, but it could now become a catalyst for change, writes Josephine Smit.
Rerouting traffic around a central island on north London's Archway gyratory creates a public space and an attractive environment, but needs more greenery and street furniture, says Ian Hingley.1 comment
It also needs smart government that can identify the needs of the city and use data to manage it, writes Tim Williams.
Tim Williams sees up close the damage done to city roads by prioritising car drivers' needs, and finds opportunities in technological change.
To facilitate the UK's shift to electric vehicles, councils need to develop a network of charging points based on an understanding of how people travel and use places, finds Ben Kochan.
Infrastructure appraisal often focuses on projects that purport to cut travel times, when it should pay more attention to potential for residential value uplift and job creation, writes Tim Williams.
- Senior Planning Officer G2 Recruitment Buckinghamshire
- Senior Planning Officer(s) X2 Lewis Davey Buckinghamshire
- Conservation and Design Officer Westminster City Council Central Team, 20th Floor Portland House
- Junior Planner - Development Management - Surrey Vivid Resourcing Surrey
- Senior Planner / Multi-disciplinary Consultancy / Derbyshire Penguin Recruitment Derbyshire
- Associate Planner (Strategic Planning) / Consultancy / Bristol Penguin Recruitment Bristol
- Team Leader - Development Management Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Northamptonshire
- Planner / Senior Planner / Principal Planner - (London) Osborne Richardson London (Greater)
- Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce South London
- Senior Development Management Officer x2 Vivid Resourcing Northamptonshire
Westminster Media Forum Keynote Seminar: Next steps for regional development and the creative industries in the UK
- Thu 14 Dec 2017
- Central London