The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
A new walkway in Melbourne, Australia, improves access and provides a more engaging and flexible form of urban infrastructure, Josephine Smit finds.
A varied offer in street food and entertainment is key to revitalising markets, but their traditional role as a source of low cost items should not be neglected, says Ben Kochan.
High Speed 2 rail link is set to boost regional regeneration and economies, attracting business and supporting employment.
New cycle lanes have been accompanied by imaginative public realm improvements in a project carried out as part of Transport for London's Mini-Holland initiative, writes Ian Hingley.
Live music venues bring vibrancy to urban centres and with good planning and design, friction with local residents can be avoided, finds Ben Kochan.
There has been a lack of land-use and transport integration at the heart of infrastructure appraisal, writes Tim Williams.
The Ordsall Chord project has both improved rail connections in Manchester city centre and created a network of successful public spaces around it, finds Murray Graham.
The number of charging points is increasing to promote greater use of electric vehicles, but councils need to ensure they are in the right place, finds Ben Kochan.
The Welsh government's decision to drop plans for a relief road around Newport is sound, but South Wales still needs transport infrastructure and ways to fund it, says Tim Williams.
- Housing Enabling Manager Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Project Manager Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Intelligence Data Officer Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Project Officer Bristol City Council Bristol
- URGENT - Senior/Principal Planning Policy Officer - FULLY REMOTE Vivid Resourcing Surrey
- Associate Director - top London Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner - Reading Deverell Smith Reading, Berkshire
- Town Planner - Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Regeneration Basildon Council Basildon, Essex
- Forward Planning and Economic Growth Team Manager Mansfield and Ashfield Shared Service Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham