The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Councils are closing roads and narrowing streets to enable cafes and bars to reopen, but they need to work with businesses to understand their needs, finds Ben Kochan.
Temporary measures are being introduced in cities to encourage people to continue cycling and walking as lockdown is loosened. But there's the potential to think bigger, writes Chris Brown.
Councils should be looking at ways to enable safe walking and cycling for both the shorter and the longer term, finds Ben Kochan.
Zaha Hadid Architects' design for pair of mixed use towers gets approval from housing secretary Robert Jenrick.
Urban policy in areas including transport, housing density, office occupancy and co-working is being brought into question by the pandemic, writes Tim Williams.
A new walkway in Melbourne, Australia, improves access and provides a more engaging and flexible form of urban infrastructure, Josephine Smit finds.
A varied offer in street food and entertainment is key to revitalising markets, but their traditional role as a source of low cost items should not be neglected, says Ben Kochan.
High Speed 2 rail link is set to boost regional regeneration and economies, attracting business and supporting employment.
New cycle lanes have been accompanied by imaginative public realm improvements in a project carried out as part of Transport for London's Mini-Holland initiative, writes Ian Hingley.
- Director or Senior Director - Town Planning Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Principal or Associate Director of Planning Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner (policy) Deverell Smith Surrey
- Category Manager - Procurement Osborne Richardson East London
- Assistant Director: Chief Planner Wirral Council Brighton Street, Wallasey, Merseyside, CH44 8ED
- Capital Projects Manager Osborne Richardson Hertfordshire
- 2 Principal Planners - DM Osborne Richardson North London
- Head of Planning Policy Carlisle City Council Carlisle, Cumbria
- Project Delivery Manager Chesterfield Borough Council Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Senior Infrastructure Planner Dartford Borough Council Dartford, Kent