The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
There are many opportunities to redevelop town centre car parks, but it's important to carry out surveys to determine demand and identify alternative transport options and parking schemes, finds Ben Kochan.
With increasing amounts of goods being ordered online, local authorities need to promote the use of hubs to ensure deliveries are kept to a minimum and low carbon vehicles are used, finds Ben Kochan.
Many women feel unsafe walking alone in cities after dark but planning policy is largely failing to respond to gender-specific needs, writes Olivia Docker.
Architect Feilden Clegg Bradley's plans for listed building include new home for local museum, cafe and SME workspace.
Including a school as part of a mixed use development can bring vitality to a scheme, but it's important that the various uses are carefully integrated, finds Ben Kochan.
With increasing water shortages, planners need to negotiate for developers of new housing to install water-efficient appliances and rainwater harvesting systems, finds Ben Kochan.
With a growing number of electric vehicles being sold, councils need to expand charging infrastructure using their own sites and on streets, finds Ben Kochan.
Brighton & Hove City Council's Valley Gardens project has reduced vehicle dominance and created an attractive ribbon of green space, which is pedestrian and cycle friendly, finds Michael Doyle.
Almost every new housing estate being built now is obsolescent, writes Chris Brown, and we don't yet have an integrated approach to renewable electricity.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton