The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Retail sites have great potential to add housing, but there's a need to understand retailers' operational needs and create an attractive environment for residents, finds Ben Kochan.
The river running through Derry-Londonderry has long been a focus for people in despair, but it could now become a catalyst for change, writes Josephine Smit.
Rerouting traffic around a central island on north London's Archway gyratory creates a public space and an attractive environment, but needs more greenery and street furniture, says Ian Hingley.1 comment
It also needs smart government that can identify the needs of the city and use data to manage it, writes Tim Williams.
Tim Williams sees up close the damage done to city roads by prioritising car drivers' needs, and finds opportunities in technological change.
To facilitate the UK's shift to electric vehicles, councils need to develop a network of charging points based on an understanding of how people travel and use places, finds Ben Kochan.
Infrastructure appraisal often focuses on projects that purport to cut travel times, when it should pay more attention to potential for residential value uplift and job creation, writes Tim Williams.
Canary Wharf Group and Westfield Europe are among the developers in the running for the role of Euston master development partner, while designers have been shortlisted for key stations.
- Principal Planning Officer Mendip District Council Shepton Mallet, Somerset
- Graduate/Assistant Planner Macdonald & Co Central London
- Principal Planner - Worcestershire Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Worcestershire
- Planning Technician South Norfolk District Council Long Stratton, Norwich
- Planning Enforcement Officer Vivid Resourcing East Midlands Region
- Planning Officer West Lancashire Borough Council Ormskirk, Lancashire
- Experienced Graduate Planner / Reading / APC support Penguin Recruitment Reading
- Planner - Town Planner - Planning Consultancy Oyster Partnership London
- Senior/ Principal Planner - Berkshire Oyster Partnership Berkshire
- Senior to Principal Town Planner Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Wed 29 Nov 2017
- NLA, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London, WC1E 7BT
- Wed 29 Nov 2017
- 15Hatfields Chadwick Court London SE1 8DJ
Westminster Media Forum Keynote Seminar: Next steps for regional development and the creative industries in the UK
- Thu 14 Dec 2017
- Central London