The infrastructure to support vibrant and viable places, including transport, utilities, energy and community facilities including education, retail, leisure & recreation.Page Title RSS fee
Local authority car parking standards need to be applied flexibly as transport habits change and parking areas designed for repurposing as they become redundant, finds Ben Kochan.
Providing a school early on in a large housing development can accelerate construction of further phases, but this requires careful planning, finds Ben Kochan.
Sustainable travel plans are increasingly required as part of planning applications for major housing schemes, but residents also need to be encouraged to use buses, walk or cycle, finds Ben Kochan.
Pavements in town and city centres need careful management to ensure they are interesting places, but don't become obstacle courses for pedestrians, finds Ben Kochan.
Bad transport infrastructure decisions in south Wales are continuing to cost the region dearly, writes Tim Williams.
First national infrastructure assessment highlights need for community level trials of hydrogen and heat pumps within three years.
Walkability has been designed out of Australian cities, and designing it back in needs to start with traffic lights, argues Tim Williams.
With the growth in online shopping and the promise of fast delivery, warehouse hubs are needed alongside major new residential development, finds Ben Kochan.
Events in east London's Newham and in Western Sydney highlight the importance of quality councils with capacity and focus, writes Tim Williams.
- Planning Director | Bedfordshire | Equity + Bonuses Lewis Davey Bedfordshire
- Team Leader – Strategic Planning and Economic Regeneration Lewis Davey CB Rochford, Essex
- Planning Manager (Development Management) Rochford District Council Rochford, Essex
- Planning Manager (or Senior) | Major Housebuilder | Essex - just off M25 Lewis Davey Essex - just off the M25
- Principal Planning Officer - South East Oyster Partnership South East England
- Senior Planning Officer- Surrey Park Avenue Recruitment Surrey
- Principal Development Management Planner Park Avenue Recruitment Bedfordshire
- Planning Monitoring Officer - (Policy) Carrington West London (Greater)
- Town Planner | London | Socially Rewarding Projects Penguin Recruitment London
- Planning Consultant | London | Development & Regeneration Penguin Recruitment London