Best practice, expert advice and case studies across placemaking disciplines including urban design, finance, sustainability and communities.Page Title RSS feed
The 2016 Sunday Times British Homes Awards asked designers to create a resilient home to withstand environmental risks. Josephine Smit looks at the winning solution, by JTP and Ed Barsley.
Planning refusal has led the team behind a Southwark development to review its scheme proposal and look at temporary use of its site, writes Josephine Smit.
The conversion of vacant office blocks into flats in town and city centres is creating homes for young people. But getting the details right is crucial, Ben Kochan finds
The number of build to rent homes in the pipeline is attracting attention, although the sector says there is still a stigma around renting, writes Josephine Smit.
A 21-strong panel of planning experts took on the exacting task of drawing up a shortlist from a strong field of candidates for this year's Placemaking Awards.
The new square at Manchester's NOMA is the product of a thoroughly integrated approach to placemaking, writes Josephine Smit.
Part of the regeneration scheme for the Heygate Estate in Elephant & Castle, south London, Trafalgar Place is an award-winning development of mixed-tenure homes and green spaces. Kay Parris reports
Struggling town centres could be made more attractive for customers and profitable for retailers by pooling property assets, thereby turning a group of separately owned and managed units into a new, single investment vehicle.
An urban design project in Brentford, west London set out to revive the town's marketplace and make its waterside connections more accessible. Kay Parris reports.
A new report from think-tank Demos says that community-led housing schemes offer an opportunity to overcome nimbyist tendencies and secure affordable housing, but that the groups behind them need to make a greater effort to be open and transparent.
Universities have extensive resources which they can bring to urban centres, but local authorities need to engage early with them when preparing local plans in order to maximize the benefits and avoid conflict, says Clare Melhuish.
- Experienced Town Planner | 4+ years' experience | Southampton Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Planning Director / Head of London Planning Lewis Davey London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Unit Leader - Planning Policy & Economy - Mid Sussex Lewis Davey CB Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Regeneration Officer East Hampshire District Council Whitehill, Bordon
- Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce South East London
- Planning Assistants Bracknell Forest Borough Council Bracknell, Berkshire
- Principal Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Officer- Kent Park Avenue Recruitment Kent
- Principal Planning Officer - Outside IR35 Park Avenue Recruitment Hertfordshire
- Principal Policy Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Essex