Best practice, expert advice and case studies across placemaking disciplines including urban design, finance, sustainability and communities.Page Title RSS feed
The 2016 Sunday Times British Homes Awards asked designers to create a resilient home to withstand environmental risks. Josephine Smit looks at the winning solution, by JTP and Ed Barsley.
Planning refusal has led the team behind a Southwark development to review its scheme proposal and look at temporary use of its site, writes Josephine Smit.
The conversion of vacant office blocks into flats in town and city centres is creating homes for young people. But getting the details right is crucial, Ben Kochan finds
The number of build to rent homes in the pipeline is attracting attention, although the sector says there is still a stigma around renting, writes Josephine Smit.
A 21-strong panel of planning experts took on the exacting task of drawing up a shortlist from a strong field of candidates for this year's Placemaking Awards.
The new square at Manchester's NOMA is the product of a thoroughly integrated approach to placemaking, writes Josephine Smit.
Part of the regeneration scheme for the Heygate Estate in Elephant & Castle, south London, Trafalgar Place is an award-winning development of mixed-tenure homes and green spaces. Kay Parris reports
Struggling town centres could be made more attractive for customers and profitable for retailers by pooling property assets, thereby turning a group of separately owned and managed units into a new, single investment vehicle.1 comment
An urban design project in Brentford, west London set out to revive the town's marketplace and make its waterside connections more accessible. Kay Parris reports.
A new report from think-tank Demos says that community-led housing schemes offer an opportunity to overcome nimbyist tendencies and secure affordable housing, but that the groups behind them need to make a greater effort to be open and transparent.
Universities have extensive resources which they can bring to urban centres, but local authorities need to engage early with them when preparing local plans in order to maximize the benefits and avoid conflict, says Clare Melhuish.
- Principal Planning Officer Mendip District Council Shepton Mallet, Somerset
- Graduate/Assistant Planner Macdonald & Co Central London
- Principal Planner - Worcestershire Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Worcestershire
- Planning Technician South Norfolk District Council Long Stratton, Norwich
- Planning Enforcement Officer Vivid Resourcing East Midlands Region
- Planning Officer West Lancashire Borough Council Ormskirk, Lancashire
- Experienced Graduate Planner / Reading / APC support Penguin Recruitment Reading
- Planner - Town Planner - Planning Consultancy Oyster Partnership London
- Senior/ Principal Planner - Berkshire Oyster Partnership Berkshire
- Senior to Principal Town Planner Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Wed 29 Nov 2017
- NLA, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London, WC1E 7BT
- Wed 29 Nov 2017
- 15Hatfields Chadwick Court London SE1 8DJ
Westminster Media Forum Keynote Seminar: Next steps for regional development and the creative industries in the UK
- Thu 14 Dec 2017
- Central London