Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
With traditional retailing in decline, councils need to be taking a strategic approach to leisure in order to attract people into town centres, writes Ben Kochan.
With its mix of uses, redevelopment of Cadbury's Keynsham factory site has the ingredients of a successful neighbourhood, but it needs a central space, finds Neil Harvie.
Close working between local authorities and store owners is needed to promote new uses for large vacant shops, writes Ben Kochan.
Bracknell's Lexicon town centre redevelopment has overcome some of the new town legacy, but more work is needed to the station complex, finds Carol Darling.
The local vision for a former hospital site was not fully realised, but the final Woodside Square scheme still imaginatively mixes new and old buildings, finds Clare San Martin.
The voice of the community is going to be louder when it comes to placemaking in estate demolition schemes in London in the future.
Oxford's new Westgate centre has extended the retail offer in the city centre, but links with surrounding areas and public space are lacking, finds Roger Evans.
The draft London Plan's stress on density, a function of the mayor's contradictory desires to double housing output while ruling out incursions into the green belt, has been much discussed. But a lower profile has been given to another attempt to square this circle - namely, the drive to see residential development within industrial areas.
Potential tensions between need for social homes, grant availability and placemaking aspirations will be hard to resolve in densifying London's estates, writes Chris Brown.
- Team Leader, Strategic Development Charnwood Borough Council Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Senior Planning Officer Central Bedfordshire Council Shefford, Bedfordshire
- Graduate, Planning & Administration Officer Lewis Davey Oxfordshire
- Principal Planning Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Kent
- Senior Development Management Planner- Surrey Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Surrey
- Senior Planning Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Oxfordshire
- Senior DM Planning Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Berkshire
- Planning Policy Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Leicestershire
- Planning Consultant - Major Applications Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Buckinghamshire
- Conservation Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Surrey