Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
The draft London Plan's stress on density, a function of the mayor's contradictory desires to double housing output while ruling out incursions into the green belt, has been much discussed. But a lower profile has been given to another attempt to square this circle - namely, the drive to see residential development within industrial areas.
Potential tensions between need for social homes, grant availability and placemaking aspirations will be hard to resolve in densifying London's estates, writes Chris Brown.
Hotels can be an anchor for city regeneration schemes, but they need to be integrated so that they contribute to an area's vitality, finds Ben Kochan.
Live Theatre's LiveWorks on Newcastle's Quayside provides performance and education space and a pocket park, all funded by its accompanying office development, writes Roger Maier.
Councils in coastal towns need to make the most of location and engage with their communities to promote regeneration, finds Ben Kochan.
Last week's pledge by Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn to end "forced gentrification and social cleansing" on large estate regeneration projects was hailed in some quarters as a transformative political move. But, many of the policies Corbyn put forward could have been taken from the government's own Estate Regeneration National Strategy (ERNS), published last year. Nevertheless, his promise to turn what is currently best practice guidance into legal minimum requirements raises issues.
Councils are facing a string of challenges in providing placemaking services but step changes in delivery can occur in challenging times, writes Steve Ottewell.
Councils need a strategy to spread tourism across their sub-regions to ensure major historic centres are not overburdened by visitors, writes Ben Kochan.
- Team Leader – Viability & Obligations Islington Council Islington Town Hall, Upper Street, London N12UD
- Senior Planning Officer x2 (Policy and Infrastructure) Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Planning Officer- Somerset Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Somerset
- Design & Conservation Officer Macdonald & Co London (Greater)
- Principal Design & Conservation Officer Macdonald & Co London (Greater)
- Enforcement Officer and Senior Enforcement Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Suffolk
- Senior/Principal Planning Policy Officer - Local Plans Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Essex
- Town Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- S106/CIL Compliance Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Hertfordshire
- Planning Consultant, Birmingham - West Midlands. Zodiac Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands