Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
The withdrawal of a major proposal, just prior to its consideration in a planning inquiry, has prompted some speculation, writes Joey Gardiner.
Opinion: The commercial properties first in line for residential conversion under the government's proposed permitted development boom
Don't expect department stores to be turned into flats overnight if government sticks to its plans to further deregulate commercial-to-residential conversion. But there will be a flood of prior approval applications to convert some other commercial uses, writes Joey Gardiner.
A kind of COVID and market-driven levelling up is going on in cities and the future is uncertain, writes Tim Williams.
Social infrastructure has been embedded in east London's Royal Wharf in a strategy to transform a former industrial site into a sustainable neighbourhood, Josephine Smit finds.
Councils could be required to release vacant sites and buildings under government proposals "unless there is a compelling reason not to do so".
With four years to the next general election, the government needs to be planning now if it is to deliver urban transformation for post-industrial areas, writes Tim Williams.
The Elisabeth Mill building in Stockport has been sensitively adapted for housing and new homes provided around it, finds Murray Graham.
The capital's new affordable homes programme will have half its funding dedicated to delivering homes for social rent.
The chancellor's £4 billion levelling up fund is welcome, but reversing the lengthy spiral of disinvestment in people and places calls for more, writes Tim Williams.
- Head of Capital Programme Osborne Richardson Newham, London, England
- Planner | Nottingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner or Senior Planner | Manchester | Property Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner or Senior Planner | Leeds | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Team Leader Strategic Planning (Local Plans) Greater London Authority Central London SE1
- Assistant/MRTPI Planner - consultancy - Bristol Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Development Executive - Placemaking | Milton Keynes Penguin Recruitment Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planning Officer Carrington West Somerset