Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
Bracknell's Lexicon town centre redevelopment has overcome some of the new town legacy, but more work is needed to the station complex, finds Carol Darling.
The local vision for a former hospital site was not fully realised, but the final Woodside Square scheme still imaginatively mixes new and old buildings, finds Clare San Martin.
The voice of the community is going to be louder when it comes to placemaking in estate demolition schemes in London in the future.
Oxford's new Westgate centre has extended the retail offer in the city centre, but links with surrounding areas and public space are lacking, finds Roger Evans.
The draft London Plan's stress on density, a function of the mayor's contradictory desires to double housing output while ruling out incursions into the green belt, has been much discussed. But a lower profile has been given to another attempt to square this circle - namely, the drive to see residential development within industrial areas.
Potential tensions between need for social homes, grant availability and placemaking aspirations will be hard to resolve in densifying London's estates, writes Chris Brown.
Hotels can be an anchor for city regeneration schemes, but they need to be integrated so that they contribute to an area's vitality, finds Ben Kochan.
Live Theatre's LiveWorks on Newcastle's Quayside provides performance and education space and a pocket park, all funded by its accompanying office development, writes Roger Maier.
- Senior Planning Officer (2 posts) North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Town Planner – London (Retail specialism) Jon Taylor Associates Central London
- Planning Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director - Established and successful Planning Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer - West London - £40-£50/hour - Home Working Vivid Resourcing West London
- Interim Planning Policy Manager Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Berkshire
- Senior Town Planner – Colchester Jon Taylor Associates Colchester, Essex
- Principal Policy Planner Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Hertfordshire
- Regeneration Support Officer Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside
- Strategic Lead – Regeneration & Development Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside