Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
Clusters of independent food and drink businesses can help create a diverse and sustainable town or city centre, but entrepreneurs need support for long term viability, finds Ben Kochan.
West London's Filmworks development should integrate well into Ealing town centre, but it's important the public space at the scheme's heart isn't gated, says Simon Carne.
Businesses like car repair garages are often pushed out of urban centres and may soon be priced out of their traditional railway arches, finds Josephine Smit.
North Lanarkshire councillors have granted permission for 350 homes and a new roundabout to the east of Shotts, despite officers' recommendation that the scheme should be refused.
Developer St Modwen has sold a development site in Essex to its own housebuilding arm.
With traditional retailing in decline, councils need to be taking a strategic approach to leisure in order to attract people into town centres, writes Ben Kochan.
With its mix of uses, redevelopment of Cadbury's Keynsham factory site has the ingredients of a successful neighbourhood, but it needs a central space, finds Neil Harvie.
Close working between local authorities and store owners is needed to promote new uses for large vacant shops, writes Ben Kochan.
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Lead Advisor Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner/Senior Consultant - Economic Development Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Future Place Project Manager Royal Institute of British Architects Central London - Regents Park.
- Heads of Development Planning Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions UK Limited London and Birmingham
- Senior Town Planner (or Planner) | Cambridge | up to £45k Lewis Davey Cambridge
- Graduate Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Planning Project Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)