Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
Past regeneration initiatives have done little to improve post-industrial areas and living conditions for their once vibrant communities. Public policy badly needs to develop some new thinking, writes Tim Williams.
City suburbs have suffered as city centres have re-energised, but suburban district centres have the potential for renaissance, argues Jennet Siebrits.
Winchester City Council's plan to regenerate its city centre stands a better chance of success than past attempts, finds Steve Bee.
"Cities are not great lumps of chaos," said the celebrated urbanist Jane Jacobs. These and other words have resonance for Chris Brown in our present context.
Plan identifies a series of measures aimed at increasing appeal, balancing growth and directing investment in the county town.
In Salford, a leasing approach is helping to transform empty shops and homes into decent and affordable rented housing, writes Josephine Smit.
Clusters of independent food and drink businesses can help create a diverse and sustainable town or city centre, but entrepreneurs need support for long term viability, finds Ben Kochan.
West London's Filmworks development should integrate well into Ealing town centre, but it's important the public space at the scheme's heart isn't gated, says Simon Carne.
Businesses like car repair garages are often pushed out of urban centres and may soon be priced out of their traditional railway arches, finds Josephine Smit.
- Experienced Town Planner | 4+ years' experience | Southampton Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Planning Director / Head of London Planning Lewis Davey London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Unit Leader - Planning Policy & Economy - Mid Sussex Lewis Davey CB Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Regeneration Officer East Hampshire District Council Whitehill, Bordon
- Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce South East London
- Planning Assistants Bracknell Forest Borough Council Bracknell, Berkshire
- Principal Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Officer- Kent Park Avenue Recruitment Kent
- Principal Planning Officer - Outside IR35 Park Avenue Recruitment Hertfordshire
- Principal Policy Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Essex