Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
We have an almost complete policy vacuum on active ground floor uses that are so important to generating social capital, wellbeing and community cohesion, writes Chris Brown.
An Australian delegation on a fact finding mission in London has been pleasantly surprised at the community benefit leveraged from the development process and the 2012 Olympics, writes Tim Williams.
A 1920s-built housing estate in west Kensington is being comprehensively regenerated in a programme that is taking around eight years, finds Josephine Smit.
Tim Williams contemplates the track record of the UK's new prime minister and the qualities of the returning co-chair of a government-initiated commission.
Strategies to regenerate seaside towns need to be based on the skills in the local communities, as well as local historic features, finds Ben Kochan.
The first housing scheme at Whitehill & Bordon includes community facilities and employment opportunities but has yet to be fully used, finds Saffron Frost.
A Manchester project has explored child-friendly design by asking children to create a play structure for a planned park and prototyping the end result, finds Josephine Smit.
The historic cores of town centres should provide a focus for revival and townscape improvement, but local interests also need to be involved to bring in new activities, finds Ben Kochan.
With retailers moving out of shopping centres, some property owners and local authorities are repurposing space with very different uses, finds Josephine Smit.
- Town Planner (up to 5 years' experience) Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Senior Town Planner Lewis Davey Near Cambridge
- Associate|Associate Director Lewis Davey Near Southampton
- Planning Consultant (2-8 years experience) Lewis Davey Chester
- Regeneration Masterplanner Brent Council Brent, London
- Town Planner Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Birmingham / West Midlands - Senior Planner / Associate Director / Director Lewis Davey Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Town Planner Lewis Davey Near Brighton
- Planning Director / Senior Associate | Lead Manchester office | £60k - £100k DOE Lewis Davey Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Associate Director Lewis Davey Central London