Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
We need to recognise the specific challenges of individual high streets, and not assume that the national narrative is true for every place, writes Holly Lewis.
The first phase of the Glass Works project in Barnsley involved refurbishing the market hall, and integrating that better into the town centre should help anchor the next phase, finds Clare Plant.
Development of Norton Radstock railway lands, near Bath, has brought housing and business opportunities, but could have created a more pedestrian friendly environment, finds Neil Harvie.
Proposal will see former Ford factory site in east London regenerated with 3,000 homes, as well as a station, amenities and open space.
MPs this month joined the chorus of calls for action to help revive the high street, and some of the measures they propose are already having a positive impact, finds Josephine Smit.
In Liverpool's Welsh Streets two-up, two-down Victorian terraced housing is being regenerated to create modern homes with a variety of unit sizes and open plan layouts, finds Michael Cosser.
Urban regeneration has become an adjunct of the property sector and needs to rediscover its values, writes Tim Williams.
Design of the first phase of new homes at the former Terrys Chocolate site in York uses existing buildings as a reference point, but that influence leads to some over-formality, finds Chris Dykes.
Proposal combining leisure attractions with food market, restaurants, hotels and homes raises hopes for regeneration of former station site.
- Senior Planner | Part time or Full time | Chelmsford Lewis Davey Chelmsford, Essex
- Senior / Principal Planner | Birmingham | Major projects Lewis Davey Birmingham, West Midlands
- Strategic Planning Manager Lewis Davey CB Rochford, Essex
- Town Planner (Associate) Stride Treglown Solent (near Winchester)
- Town Planner | Manchester | MRTPI or Licentiate | Exciting Company Lewis Davey City of Manchester
- Planning Director / Associate / Senior Planner Lewis Davey Various inc Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Kent, Berkshire, Somerset, London and Sussex
- Strategic Projects Manager (Planning Delivery) Lewis Davey Shefford, Bedfordshire
- Planner / Senior Planners - Norwich Lewis Davey Norwich, Norfolk
- Senior / Principal Planner - Hertfordshire Lewis Davey Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- Town Planners (all levels) - Scotland - NEW VACANCIES! Penguin Recruitment Scotland