Urban regeneration for town planners and other placemaking professionals, including decontamination and physical regeneration.Page Title RSS feed
Opinion: The commercial properties first in line for residential conversion under the government's proposed permitted development boom
Don't expect department stores to be turned into flats overnight if government sticks to its plans to further deregulate commercial-to-residential conversion. But there will be a flood of prior approval applications to convert some other commercial uses, writes Joey Gardiner.
A kind of COVID and market-driven levelling up is going on in cities and the future is uncertain, writes Tim Williams.
Social infrastructure has been embedded in east London's Royal Wharf in a strategy to transform a former industrial site into a sustainable neighbourhood, Josephine Smit finds.
Councils could be required to release vacant sites and buildings under government proposals "unless there is a compelling reason not to do so".
With four years to the next general election, the government needs to be planning now if it is to deliver urban transformation for post-industrial areas, writes Tim Williams.
The Elisabeth Mill building in Stockport has been sensitively adapted for housing and new homes provided around it, finds Murray Graham.
The capital's new affordable homes programme will have half its funding dedicated to delivering homes for social rent.
The chancellor's £4 billion levelling up fund is welcome, but reversing the lengthy spiral of disinvestment in people and places calls for more, writes Tim Williams.
The Forge residential scheme in east London creates an attractive and legible environment, write Maria Hadjinicolaou and Richard Crutchley.
- Economic Development Consultants Matchtech Homeworking
- Senior Planning Officer Carrington West Somerset
- Head of Planning Sheffield City Council Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Senior Planning Officer - Major Sites Team South Gloucestershire Council Yate, Bristol
- Development Manager Wokingham Borough Council Wokingham, Berkshire
- MRTPI Planner - consultancy - Bristol Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner / Senior Planner Beach Baker Property Recruitment Reading, Berkshire
- Head of Regeneration Osborne Richardson England, London
- Service Manager - Development Management Sedgemoor District Council Bridgwater, Somerset
- Planning Officer (Career Graded) Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council Nuneaton, Warwickshire