The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Through the pandemic, the need to provide regional and local distribution sites for online shopping deliveries has become even more pressing, finds Ben Kochan.
A number of public and private sector players are adopting modern methods of construction in housebuilding, but market challenges are still being addressed, Josephine Smit finds.
Making existing homes energy efficient will be key to achieving the government's 2050 net zero target, but spearheading programmes demands a community approach, finds Ben Kochan.
Boris Johnson's green plan includes backing for energy efficient homes and public buildings and a neighbourhood trialling hydrogen for heating and cooking.
Local political leadership is driving a string of new sustainable neighbourhoods and the UK government will be making its own mark, writes Chris Brown.
New housing schemes need to be designed so that it's easier for residents to get on their bicycles than jump in a car, if we are to achieve government ambitions to promote cycling, finds Ben Kochan.
With the COVID shock having an impact on work and travel patterns, cities may have to respond quickly, says Chris Brown.
Upgrading the energy efficiency of existing homes could benefit the economy, environment and residents, but there are barriers to overcome, finds Josephine Smit.
- City Centre Regeneration Co-ordinator Plymouth City Council Plymouth, Devon
- Team Leader – Development Management Brighton & Hove City Council Brighton, East Sussex
- Planning Development Manager Gloucester City Council Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Senior/Associate Planner Macdonald & Co London
- Head of Planning Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Council Offices, Campus East, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6AE
- Regeneration Officer Flintshire County Council Deeside, Flintshire (Sir y Fflint)
- 2 x Project Managers - Economic Growth and Development Osborne Richardson London, England
- Senior Project Manager Osborne Richardson England, London
- Strategic Director Development, Growth & Regeneration (2 Year FTC) London Borough of Sutton Sutton, London
- Planning Policy Manager Macdonald & Co Home Counties