The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Temporary measures are being introduced in cities to encourage people to continue cycling and walking as lockdown is loosened. But there's the potential to think bigger, writes Chris Brown.
Councils should be looking at ways to enable safe walking and cycling for both the shorter and the longer term, finds Ben Kochan.
A new walkway in Melbourne, Australia, improves access and provides a more engaging and flexible form of urban infrastructure, Josephine Smit finds.
As climate change brings greater risk of heavy rainfall, new initiatives are needed to store water in urban areas and minimise potential for damage to property, finds Ben Kochan.
Public-private Wirral Growth Company is poised to bring forward regeneration plans for Birkenhead's town centre.
Councils are having to take the lead in town centre regeneration as retail declines, and that can involve making some tough decisions about shopping centres, Josephine Smit finds.
Regeneration of Lambeth's civic quarter creates a less intimidating public realm, and new sympathetic uses have been found for some historic buildings, writes Genevieve Hayes.
There are strong environmental imperatives for including more trees in developments, but it is important to get the location and planting right, finds Ben Kochan.
New cycle lanes have been accompanied by imaginative public realm improvements in a project carried out as part of Transport for London's Mini-Holland initiative, writes Ian Hingley.
- Senior Planner (policy) Deverell Smith Surrey
- Principal or Associate Director of Planning Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner - Reading Deverell Smith Reading, Berkshire
- Director or Senior Director - Town Planning Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Director of Regeneration - part time Vivid Resourcing East Midlands Region
- Director of City Development & Growth - East Midlands Oyster Partnership East Midlands
- CIL Administrator Macdonald & Co London
- Economic Development Officer Carrington West South of England
- Head of Planning Policy and Environment Coventry City Council Coventry, West Midlands
- Senior Planner / Planning Manager Landstrom Group Limited Brighton, East Sussex