The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Local political leadership is driving a string of new sustainable neighbourhoods and the UK government will be making its own mark, writes Chris Brown.
New housing schemes need to be designed so that it's easier for residents to get on their bicycles than jump in a car, if we are to achieve government ambitions to promote cycling, finds Ben Kochan.
With the COVID shock having an impact on work and travel patterns, cities may have to respond quickly, says Chris Brown.
Upgrading the energy efficiency of existing homes could benefit the economy, environment and residents, but there are barriers to overcome, finds Josephine Smit.
Council-led partnership will trial modern methods of construction under initiative backed by government agency.
Temporary measures are being introduced in cities to encourage people to continue cycling and walking as lockdown is loosened. But there's the potential to think bigger, writes Chris Brown.
Councils should be looking at ways to enable safe walking and cycling for both the shorter and the longer term, finds Ben Kochan.
A new walkway in Melbourne, Australia, improves access and provides a more engaging and flexible form of urban infrastructure, Josephine Smit finds.
As climate change brings greater risk of heavy rainfall, new initiatives are needed to store water in urban areas and minimise potential for damage to property, finds Ben Kochan.
- Senior Sustainability Officer Osborne Richardson London, England
- Development Manager | Developer | Northamptonshire Penguin Recruitment England, Northamptonshire, Kettering
- Planning Policy Manager Royal Borough of Greenwich England, London, Woolwich
- Senior Project Manager Carrington West London (North), London (Greater)
- Principal Strategic Planner Osborne Richardson Homeworking
- Senior/Principal Town Planner – Development Management Coventry City Council Coventry, West Midlands
- ASSOCIATE PLANNER Lewis Davey Gloucester
- Principal Town Planner- Planning Policy Coventry City Council Coventry, West Midlands
- Director of Environment, Housing and Regeneration Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing North West England