The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Councils can set challenging targets for the environmental performance of new homes, but it is important to follow through to see they are delivered, writes Ben Kochan.
First national infrastructure assessment highlights need for community level trials of hydrogen and heat pumps within three years.
Sustainable housing development can be practical in areas subject to flood risk, but a strategic approach and careful design are needed, finds Ben Kochan.
A community group has won planning consent to create London's largest affordable self build housing scheme to date, and it has taken years of hard graft to get this far, finds Josephine Smit.
Low energy design principles have been adopted for the refurbishment of a 1960s Portsmouth housing estate, transforming living conditions for residents, writes Josephine Smit.
Renewable technologies allow electricity to be generated locally, offering opportunities to bring local benefits, but systems and regulations have yet to keep pace, Josephine Smit finds.
Global innovators are creating ultra-sustainable and smart communities, while the UK's new housing estates show relatively few signs of technological revolution, writes Josephine Smit.
An initiative in Bristol is demonstrating a citizen-led approach to delivering homes, but funders have yet to catch up with this kind of disruptive innovation, finds Josephine Smit.
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Lead Advisor Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner/Senior Consultant - Economic Development Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Future Place Project Manager Royal Institute of British Architects Central London - Regents Park.
- Heads of Development Planning Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions UK Limited London and Birmingham
- Senior Town Planner (or Planner) | Cambridge | up to £45k Lewis Davey Cambridge
- Graduate Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Planning Project Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)