The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
A new walkway in Melbourne, Australia, improves access and provides a more engaging and flexible form of urban infrastructure, Josephine Smit finds.
As climate change brings greater risk of heavy rainfall, new initiatives are needed to store water in urban areas and minimise potential for damage to property, finds Ben Kochan.
Public-private Wirral Growth Company is poised to bring forward regeneration plans for Birkenhead's town centre.
Councils are having to take the lead in town centre regeneration as retail declines, and that can involve making some tough decisions about shopping centres, Josephine Smit finds.
Regeneration of Lambeth's civic quarter creates a less intimidating public realm, and new sympathetic uses have been found for some historic buildings, writes Genevieve Hayes.
There are strong environmental imperatives for including more trees in developments, but it is important to get the location and planting right, finds Ben Kochan.
New cycle lanes have been accompanied by imaginative public realm improvements in a project carried out as part of Transport for London's Mini-Holland initiative, writes Ian Hingley.
Last month's serious floods, affecting large areas in the north of England, have put the issue of development on the flood plain back in the news.
Oxford college's development company wins backing for Oxford North innovation district, including 480 homes and employment space.
- Housing Enabling Manager Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Project Manager Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Intelligence Data Officer Bristol City Council Bristol
- Housing Project Officer Bristol City Council Bristol
- URGENT - Senior/Principal Planning Policy Officer - FULLY REMOTE Vivid Resourcing Surrey
- Associate Director - top London Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner - Reading Deverell Smith Reading, Berkshire
- Town Planner - Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Regeneration Basildon Council Basildon, Essex
- Forward Planning and Economic Growth Team Manager Mansfield and Ashfield Shared Service Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham