The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
While the cost of energy to heat and cool UK homes soars, progress in driving energy-efficient retrofit and adaptation of homes to our changing climate has been slow, writes Josephine Smit.
Our combined response to the climate emergency is too little, too late to prevent serious negative impacts, so we need to be working on adaptation, writes Chris Brown.
Cities have a key part to play in combatting climate change and data can help highlight their individual challenges and provide the catalyst for tackling them, writes Alexis Haass.
With increasing water shortages, planners need to negotiate for developers of new housing to install water-efficient appliances and rainwater harvesting systems, finds Ben Kochan.
Developer Quadrum has set ultra-high sustainability targets for its redevelopment of a tired 1950s office building in London's Victoria.
Council housing company is to deliver 105 ultra-energy efficient homes alongside plots for custom and self builders.
With a growing number of electric vehicles being sold, councils need to expand charging infrastructure using their own sites and on streets, finds Ben Kochan.
Policy shifts and social and climate realities may have implications for businesses that have prospered in the environment of the last few years, writes Chris Brown.
Provision of a country park at the new Trumpington Meadows neighbourhood in Cambridge has been good for biodiversity, residents and developers. Josephine Smit finds out how the park delivers.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton