The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
The first housing scheme at Whitehill & Bordon includes community facilities and employment opportunities but has yet to be fully used, finds Saffron Frost.
Research and record temperatures are repeatedly reminding us of how our climate is changing, and we need to take this seriously when designing new places, writes Chris Brown.
Eight urban areas win backing under initiative to come up with sustainable ways of managing and funding urban parks and open spaces.
London housing association Poplar HARCA is two thirds of the way through a successful scheme to unlock hidden homes and is sharing its learning with others, Josephine Smit finds.
Parks need to engage actively with their local communities to maximise their social and economic benefit, finds Ben Kochan.
A 1970s identikit office block in Manchester city centre has been refurbished to create Windmill Green, a contemporary workspace complementing a historic setting, finds Gillian Harrison.
Independent review's recommendations offer potential for "ground breaking improvements" to supply and quality, says chair.
District heating systems can save on carbon emissions, but careful design is required to avoid overheating and maximise the efficiency of the network, finds Ben Kochan.
In the north east of England a new housing development is trialling advanced building methods and home technologies, finds Josephine Smit.
- Planning Director / Senior Associate | Lead Manchester office | £60k - £100k DOE Lewis Davey Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Associate Director Lewis Davey Central London
- Associate Director / Director Lewis Davey Altrincham, Flexible Location
- Senior Town Planning Consultant - Cheshire Lewis Davey Flexible in the North East
- Senior / Principal Planner | Birmingham | Major projects Lewis Davey Birmingham, West Midlands
- Development Management Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing Hertfordshire
- Career Grade Planning Officer – Principal Planner London Borough of Bexley Bexleyheath, London (Greater)
- Development Manager -Estate Regeneration Matchtech London
- Programme Manager- Estate Regeneration Matchtech London
- Town Planners (all levels) - East & West Midlands Penguin Recruitment West Midlands