The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Oxford college's development company wins backing for Oxford North innovation district, including 480 homes and employment space.
That means looking at growth and inclusion through the lens of sustainability, rather than continuing to pursue growth at all costs, writes Mark Lynam.
Green roofs and walls can help improve the environment and quality of life for residents, but to maximise the benefits, they need to be planned as part of the green infrastructure, writes Ben Kochan.
Almost five years after the Code for Sustainable Homes was ended, sustainable housebuilding is back on the government's policy agenda, writes Josephine Smit.
Growing fruit and vegetables in urban areas can bring social benefits and increase access to fresh food, but the right crops need to be identified, finds Ben Kochan.
The number of charging points is increasing to promote greater use of electric vehicles, but councils need to ensure they are in the right place, finds Ben Kochan.
The first housing scheme at Whitehill & Bordon includes community facilities and employment opportunities but has yet to be fully used, finds Saffron Frost.
Research and record temperatures are repeatedly reminding us of how our climate is changing, and we need to take this seriously when designing new places, writes Chris Brown.
- Planning Director or Associate Director | Top Consultancy | Newcastle Lewis Davey Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Principal Planning Policy Officer Carrington West Hampshire
- Principal DM Consultant *OUTSIDE IR35* Carrington West East Midlands Region
- Principal Regeneration Officer Bridgend County Borough Council Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr)
- Senior Planner Park Avenue Recruitment Guildford
- Town Planner - Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Enforcement Officer Vivid Resourcing Midlands
- Associate Director - Brighton Lewis Davey West Sussex
- Senior Planner - Bristol Macdonald & Co Bristol
- INFRASTRUCTURE AND DELIVERY ASSISTANT/OFFICER Hertsmere Borough Council Borehamwood, Hertfordshire