The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Green roofs and walls can help improve the environment and quality of life for residents, but to maximise the benefits, they need to be planned as part of the green infrastructure, writes Ben Kochan.
Almost five years after the Code for Sustainable Homes was ended, sustainable housebuilding is back on the government's policy agenda, writes Josephine Smit.
Growing fruit and vegetables in urban areas can bring social benefits and increase access to fresh food, but the right crops need to be identified, finds Ben Kochan.
The number of charging points is increasing to promote greater use of electric vehicles, but councils need to ensure they are in the right place, finds Ben Kochan.
The first housing scheme at Whitehill & Bordon includes community facilities and employment opportunities but has yet to be fully used, finds Saffron Frost.
Research and record temperatures are repeatedly reminding us of how our climate is changing, and we need to take this seriously when designing new places, writes Chris Brown.
Eight urban areas win backing under initiative to come up with sustainable ways of managing and funding urban parks and open spaces.
London housing association Poplar HARCA is two thirds of the way through a successful scheme to unlock hidden homes and is sharing its learning with others, Josephine Smit finds.
Parks need to engage actively with their local communities to maximise their social and economic benefit, finds Ben Kochan.
- Latest Town Planning Opportunities Nationwide Lewis Davey Nationwide
- EIA Planning Director / Associate Director | 8 office locations | Wide range of projects Lewis Davey One of 8 locations across the UK
- Graduate Town Planner Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Senior Planner | Fast Track to Associate Lewis Davey Birmingham, West Midlands
- Associate Director Lewis Davey Central London
- Graduate / Planner | Southampton Central | Superb Projects | Flexible workplace Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Senior / Principal + Associate / Planning Director | Flexible working | Southampton Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Chartered Town Planner (5-10 Years' Experience) Lewis Davey Fareham, Hampshire
- Senior or Associate Planner | Great projects | Genuine progression | Big company, small team Lewis Davey Bristol (City Centre), City of Bristol
- Principal Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing East Midlands