The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
New housing schemes need to be designed so that it's easier for residents to get on their bicycles than jump in a car, if we are to achieve government ambitions to promote cycling, finds Ben Kochan.
With the COVID shock having an impact on work and travel patterns, cities may have to respond quickly, says Chris Brown.
Upgrading the energy efficiency of existing homes could benefit the economy, environment and residents, but there are barriers to overcome, finds Josephine Smit.
Temporary measures are being introduced in cities to encourage people to continue cycling and walking as lockdown is loosened. But there's the potential to think bigger, writes Chris Brown.
Councils should be looking at ways to enable safe walking and cycling for both the shorter and the longer term, finds Ben Kochan.
A new walkway in Melbourne, Australia, improves access and provides a more engaging and flexible form of urban infrastructure, Josephine Smit finds.
As climate change brings greater risk of heavy rainfall, new initiatives are needed to store water in urban areas and minimise potential for damage to property, finds Ben Kochan.
Public-private Wirral Growth Company is poised to bring forward regeneration plans for Birkenhead's town centre.
- Interim Director of Growth Vivid Resourcing Midlands
- URGENT - Principal Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing East Midlands
- Career Grade Planning Officer Preston City Council Preston, Lancashire
- Regeneration Manager G2 Recruitment North West England
- Principal Policy Officer Park Avenue Recruitment East Midlands
- TOWN PLANNER 12 MTH FTC - Senior, Principal, Associate level Pegasus Group Bristol, UK
- Senior Strategic Planning Officer Macdonald & Co London
- Senior Capital Projects Manager Macdonald & Co London
- Senior Project Officer - King Street Heritage Action Zone Wigan Council Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Sustainable Development Lead Park Avenue Recruitment North Yorkshire