The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Global innovators are creating ultra-sustainable and smart communities, while the UK's new housing estates show relatively few signs of technological revolution, writes Josephine Smit.
An initiative in Bristol is demonstrating a citizen-led approach to delivering homes, but funders have yet to catch up with this kind of disruptive innovation, finds Josephine Smit.
Sidewalk Labs and Toronto Waterfront have launched their Sidewalk Toronto collaboration, which plans to take on urban challenges with a new model community.
Norwich City Council's Goldsmith Street scheme aspires to Passivhaus principles while providing family homes at quite high density, finds Aimee Fowler.
Good design of energy efficient housing on large schemes starts with site layout and extends to the individual home, finds Ben Kochan.
Bus services can be successfully integrated into town and city centres. Ben Kochan finds out how.
The new year has started with government announcements for its accelerated construction, garden community and starter home initiatives.
- Team Leader – Viability & Obligations Islington Council Islington Town Hall, Upper Street, London N12UD
- Senior Planning Officer x2 (Policy and Infrastructure) Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Planning Officer- Somerset Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Somerset
- Design & Conservation Officer Macdonald & Co London (Greater)
- Principal Design & Conservation Officer Macdonald & Co London (Greater)
- Enforcement Officer and Senior Enforcement Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Suffolk
- Senior/Principal Planning Policy Officer - Local Plans Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Essex
- Town Planner Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- S106/CIL Compliance Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Hertfordshire
- Planning Consultant, Birmingham - West Midlands. Zodiac Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands