The environmental impact and sustainability of new places and developments, including energy efficiency, carbon reduction and greening..Page Title RSS fee
Renewable technologies allow electricity to be generated locally, offering opportunities to bring local benefits, but systems and regulations have yet to keep pace, Josephine Smit finds.
Global innovators are creating ultra-sustainable and smart communities, while the UK's new housing estates show relatively few signs of technological revolution, writes Josephine Smit.
An initiative in Bristol is demonstrating a citizen-led approach to delivering homes, but funders have yet to catch up with this kind of disruptive innovation, finds Josephine Smit.
Sidewalk Labs and Toronto Waterfront have launched their Sidewalk Toronto collaboration, which plans to take on urban challenges with a new model community.
The television architect has teamed up with a university in the north east to develop advanced skills for future housebuilding.
Norwich City Council's Goldsmith Street scheme aspires to Passivhaus principles while providing family homes at quite high density, finds Aimee Fowler.
Good design of energy efficient housing on large schemes starts with site layout and extends to the individual home, finds Ben Kochan.
The UK's inability to build enough homes is cause for innovative thinking. Josephine Smit finds out about a concept that taps into the potential of the surface car park.
Bus services can be successfully integrated into town and city centres. Ben Kochan finds out how.
- Senior Planning Officer (2 posts) North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Town Planner – London (Retail specialism) Jon Taylor Associates Central London
- Planning Manager Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director - Established and successful Planning Consultancy Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer - West London - £40-£50/hour - Home Working Vivid Resourcing West London
- Interim Planning Policy Manager Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Berkshire
- Senior Town Planner – Colchester Jon Taylor Associates Colchester, Essex
- Principal Policy Planner Park Avenue Recruitment Ltd Hertfordshire
- Regeneration Support Officer Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside
- Strategic Lead – Regeneration & Development Sefton Council Bootle, Merseyside