The latest news & analysis of urban design, architecture and heritage and conservation in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Design should be an important consideration as sites are allocated for new housing, before an outline planning application is made, finds Ben Kochan.
Plan to create a village on the Llanelli coast focusing on health, leisure, life sciences and extra care housing gets the go ahead.
The design of Berry Court in Bournemouth is inspired by the coastal town's Art Deco buildings, but Richard Eastham asks whether the scheme needed so much car parking.
A Manchester project has explored child-friendly design by asking children to create a play structure for a planned park and prototyping the end result, finds Josephine Smit.
South London housing estate's 1960s-built high and low rise blocks are set to be replaced with more traditional streets of homes.
The historic cores of town centres should provide a focus for revival and townscape improvement, but local interests also need to be involved to bring in new activities, finds Ben Kochan.
Prime minister makes call for mandatory space standards for new homes in speech at Manchester housing conference.
Housebuilder Inland Homes has won consent for a mixed use development on Tesco's former headquarters site.
- Senior | Principal Town Planner Lewis Davey City of Bristol
- Town Planner | London (Central) | Planning & Design Consultancy Penguin Recruitment London
- Senior Policy Officer - OUTSIDE IR35 Carrington West Berkshire
- Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing South West England
- Planning Director (Southampton) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Southampton
- Regeneration Programme Manager Carrington West London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Turley Reading or Southampton
- Senior/Principal Planner Vivid Resourcing Kent
- Planning Manager Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Enforcement Officer Vivid Resourcing South West England