The latest news & analysis of urban design, architecture and heritage and conservation in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
The challenge for developers in creating a sustainable community is the effective long-term management of resources, writes David Churchill.
Outline consent is granted for 670 homes as part of 1500 home development under way in Wantage.
Homes and studios for artists have been neatly shoehorned behind terraced houses in Folkestone, creating a charming courtyard development, finds Robin Spencer.
The requirement for new residential buildings of over 18 metres in height to incorporate a second staircase could prompt developers to review or reduce the height of proposed schemes.
Housing association's development will provide 136 homes and help to complete Millbay Boulevard regeneration.
The Red Clover Gardens development in Croydon cleverly draws the surrounding woodland through the site with its landscape-first approach, finds Clare San Martin.
Proposal for 55 Old Broad Street combines retention and new build to create office space and other uses.
Streets need to be designed so that they are not just traffic corridors, but are social spaces where young people feel safe and can have fun, finds Ben Kochan.
- Planner | Birmingham | Real Estate Consultancy Penguin Recruitment Homeworking
- Planner (Graduate to Associate) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Bristol
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior, Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning – London CCO Group London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Officer Matchtech London (Greater)
- Planning Officer - Householder Apps Osborne Richardson East Sussex, England
- Planner or Senior Planner (Birmingham) Beach Baker Property Recruitment Birmingham, West Midlands
- Senior Planner – Projects Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6AE
- Principal Planning Officer - Development Management Mid Devon District Council Tiverton, Devon
- Planner / Senior Planner Parker Planning Services Suffolk - Bury St Edmunds / Cambridge - Milton