The latest news & analysis of urban design, architecture and heritage and conservation in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
Councils should look to promote housing for older people in town centres, but homes need to be generously proportioned and local services readily accessible, finds Ben Kochan.
Retirement Villages Group is looking to expand activity with 30 new sites and aims to create ultra-sustainable scheme in Chester.
Former factory site set to be redeveloped with a family-focused, sustainable development with 410 homes.
The first phase of Bath's Mulberry Park draws on the city's Georgian heritage in its housing, but it is a shame the masterplan will never be fully built, says Clare San Martin.
The 1950s-built Frampton Park estate in Hackney is being brought up to date with injections of contemporary urbanism, Josephine Smit finds.
Council wins approval to develop 106-home mixed tenure scheme as part of major homebuilding programme.
The planning white paper singled out design codes as key tools for securing high quality development, but they must be kept up-to-date to be most effective, finds Ben Kochan.
Should the industry continue to provide standard housetypes or allow occupiers to decide on design? There is a middle way, writes Chris Brown.
- Senior Sustainability Officer Osborne Richardson London, England
- Development Manager | Developer | Northamptonshire Penguin Recruitment England, Northamptonshire, Kettering
- Planning Policy Manager Royal Borough of Greenwich England, London, Woolwich
- Senior Project Manager Carrington West London (North), London (Greater)
- Principal Strategic Planner Osborne Richardson Homeworking
- Senior/Principal Town Planner – Development Management Coventry City Council Coventry, West Midlands
- ASSOCIATE PLANNER Lewis Davey Gloucester
- Principal Town Planner- Planning Policy Coventry City Council Coventry, West Midlands
- Director of Environment, Housing and Regeneration Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing North West England