The latest news & analysis of urban design, architecture and heritage and conservation in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
The creation of high rise clusters in well-connected urban centres results in a polycentric development pattern across big cities, with implications for the suburbs, writes Miles Gibson.
The first phase of Swansea Central promises to transform the city with an arena with a digital facade, as well as retail, leisure, homes and public space.
The White Collar Factory at Old Street offers flexible space for changing business needs, but in placemaking terms, its new tower has an overbearing presence, finds Jon Herbert.
Within a few decades new towers that are often considered controversial today could have become iconic parts of the identity of our cities, writes Miles Gibson.
A 390-home mixed use scheme for the Jewellery Quarter includes maker workshops and draws on the site's industrial past in its architecture.
Second phase brings more homes and commercial space at Gallions Quarter, part of east London's Royal Albert Wharf regeneration.
Winchester City Council's plan to regenerate its city centre stands a better chance of success than past attempts, finds Steve Bee.
A mixed use scheme is planned to be the first in a string of developments connecting Taunton's station to its town centre.
- Experienced Town Planner | 4+ years' experience | Southampton Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Planning Director / Head of London Planning Lewis Davey London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Unit Leader - Planning Policy & Economy - Mid Sussex Lewis Davey CB Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Regeneration Officer East Hampshire District Council Whitehill, Bordon
- Planning Officer Ackerman Pierce South East London
- Planning Assistants Bracknell Forest Borough Council Bracknell, Berkshire
- Principal Planning Officer Vivid Resourcing London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Officer- Kent Park Avenue Recruitment Kent
- Principal Planning Officer - Outside IR35 Park Avenue Recruitment Hertfordshire
- Principal Policy Officer Park Avenue Recruitment Essex