The latest news & analysis of urban design, architecture and heritage and conservation in the built environment.Page Title RSS feed
With a simple redevelopment scheme, Cathedral Lanes in Coventry has been changed from an inward looking shopping centre into a focal point for the city's main square, finds Geoff Wright.
Design for proposed 137 home development reflects its location on the edge of the south London town centre.
Rather than confining children's play to limited areas of a housing estate, streets and other public areas should be seen as places for fun, writes Ben Kochan.
Major Peterborough extension at The Hamptons enters final phase with approval for development of 350 homes.
The town's bus station will be replaced with a new transport interchange, rooftop park and homes as part of wider regeneration.
Terraced homes are a good way to achieve quite high density in new urban development, but provision of car parking and gardens needs careful management to maximise efficiency, finds Ben Kochan.
Council regeneration company partners on proposed 396 home high-rise scheme on Barking office block site.
Development of Norton Radstock railway lands, near Bath, has brought housing and business opportunities, but could have created a more pedestrian friendly environment, finds Neil Harvie.
- Planner / Senior Planner Pro Vision Ampfield, Hampshire
- Senior / Principal Planner | Birmingham | Major projects Lewis Davey Birmingham, West Midlands
- Strategic Planning Manager Lewis Davey CB Rochford, Essex
- Town Planner (Associate) Stride Treglown Solent (near Winchester)
- Town Planner | Manchester | MRTPI or Licentiate | Exciting Company Lewis Davey City of Manchester
- Planning Director / Associate / Senior Planner Lewis Davey Various inc Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Kent, Berkshire, Somerset, London and Sussex
- Strategic Projects Manager (Planning Delivery) Lewis Davey Shefford, Bedfordshire
- Planner / Senior Planners - Norwich Lewis Davey Norwich, Norfolk
- Senior / Principal Planner - Hertfordshire Lewis Davey Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- Planning Officer G2 Recruitment Somerset